SAU Community

Project: Anything Is Possible

Birds

In regards to subjective matters or someone's personal thoughts, beliefs or opinions they can be

Example is the existence of god. Countless amounts of people have stated that a different style of workout has worked for them and people have claimed they haven't.

You could have been referring to her, however wording suggests or at least leans towards not.

You seem to think I'm attacking opinion or difference in opinion? It is not the case. Only ignorant assumptions. And yes I was including her and that's not subjective at all.

Also, no one debates the existence of rajab.

All hail rajab :worship:

I'm feeling anxious about going to the gym tonight and I don't know if that means I should go or not. I really don't know what I'm meant to be doing anymore and all this negative shit on here has really upset me. What do I do :(

Edited by L33SH

Go to the gym. Even an average session is better than no session imo.

Go and do what you know you can at weights you feel comfy with if you're worried about pushing harder.

Or you could do something different and change up the rep/weight scheme just for something new.

Or stick to the same scheme which seems to have been working well for you all things considered.

Really the only problem you're having is a bit of knee bend at a specific weight on one exercise.

No reason to ditch an entire session for that.

TL:DR: Don't be a sook, go to the gym :D

Edited by ActionDan

At the end of the day there is only one opinion that matters l33sh .. Yours. There are far to many keyboard warriors out there that think they know it all and love giving out advice. To be honest it's your body and only you have to be happy with it. The reason there are so many progrAms out there is because what works with one person doesn't work with others. Personally I think you have a great figure ( judging by your first pic ) but it's what you see that determines your thinking. Unless we can learn to be happy with ourselves we won't progress forward

Edited by Kenna802

11/11/13

Squat

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

50kg x 5

55kg x 3

40kg x 25

40kg x 25

Pause Squat

30kg x 10

Lat Pulldown

30kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

50kg x 10

55kg x 10

60kg x 5

65kg x 3

Shoulder Press

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

15kg x 10

20kg x 10

20kg x 8

25kg x 5

Seated Row

30kg x 10

35kg x 10

40kg x 10

45kg x 10

50kg x 5

55kg x 5

Ab Crunches

55 min boxing @558 calories

Feel like I'm not moving forward, even going backwards in some exercises.

I get like that too, for me it means one of a few things.

Not enough sleep to recover from the workouts, not enough protein in the diet for growth at the new load, form issue in the exercise costing efficiency and creating a plateau.

So I'll try and get to bed earlier, dose up hard on protein in my diet, and have a good look at form.

I also look to mix up the rep/weight scheme or order of exercises for a new challenge.

Sometimes it's just mental for me too, which given your comments of late wouldn't surprise me (no offense, you just seem like you've got a case of the Monday's).

Exercise should make you feel good not bad, if it's making you unhappy, change it up.

My $2.50.

Edited by ActionDan

You're right Dan. I haven't been sleeping well (around 3hrs a night) due to stress. My life is shit atm, all my own doing. I seem to ruin anything good that happens in my life and I've done a pretty good job of that lately. Consequently, people I care about are disappointed in me; which in turn has made me disappointed in myself and all I seem to think lately is negative thoughts. I know it's affecting my gym and like everything else in my life at the present I need to work on it. I'll get there.

My problem solving process is to pull back from extra cirriculuars, thigns like gym, working on the car, etc, and focus on the main issues at play. That could be sleep, not eating right, trouble with the partner etc.

Focus on one thing at a time, chip away.

There's no such thing as a zero day, that is, every day you live, you make progress towards something.

So for you, 3hrs of sleep is an issue, that should be goal number 1. If it's caused by stress, have an honest look at what you feel is causing you stress, the first "issue" that pops into your head, now gets your attention to be resolved, and so on and so on.

You'll be fine. We live better than the vast majority of people in the world, keep that in mind and stay positive for all the good things you have, don't just think about what you don't have or isn't working well.