SAU Community

HOWTO: RB25DET High Boost mode with standard solenoid

paulr33

hey fellas i'm very interested in doing this mod on my car i just dont know enough about

it. :( is there any picture guides on how 2 do it?

i had my mechanic do an aftermarket boost controller on it but i think its stuffed and its spiking and i'm overfueling cause of it.

help please

hey fellas i'm very interested in doing this mod on my car i just dont know enough about

it. :(  is there any picture guides on how 2 do it?

i had my mechanic do an aftermarket boost controller on it but i think its stuffed and its spiking and i'm overfueling cause of it.

help please

get the mechanic to put it back to stock boost control solenoid/setup then just ground the black wire between the solenoid and plug, seriously its that simple (or tell im to do that) ie cut it and attach it to car body - ground

or even grab one of those turbotec boost controllers in forced induction section $22 thing if u want a few more psi

Ok this may seem like a stupid statement,(As i dont actually own a skyline yet) but i always thought that if you upgraded ur exhaust, say 3" turbo back, ur boost automatically goes up. In saying this would this mod still work? Please detail ur answer as im new to the turbo/skyline scene....LoL

Cheers

this mod will still work. boost is a resistance to air, take out the resistance aka bigger exhaust and boost will go up a little as there is less resistisance, so it can flow more but the mod will still apply

this mod will still work. boost is a resistance to air, take out the resistance aka bigger exhaust and boost will go up a little as there is less resistisance, so it can flow more but the mod will still apply

wouldnt the wastegate actuator stop it from going over a set psi regardless of the size of the exhaust?

Yes Yes Yes....I realise this BUT will the actuator/ecu/solenoid etc stop it from gaining the 'automatic' boost you get as a result of putting a bigger exhaust????

I realise the effects of a bigger exhaust on a motor/turbo but will it be electronically restricted?????

well, when i first had the rb25det in my R31, i had the stock 1inch exhuast, and it would only make 5psi of boost, when i put on a 3inch turbo back it did the 5psi, then 7psi after 4000rpm but that is all, the actuator will stop anymore boost from being made. I also install one of them $30 boost controllers, its all pretty damn fine now.

I did this mod last night, and bang me dead its awsome!

can anyone tell me what having this loop does(drawn in red)....cuz in my car the solenoid has a loop...the top one doesnt go where its supposed to go....i need an explanation on what this does....esp cuz am a newbie to skylines...he he ;)

post-23830-1130177360.jpg

wouldnt that be done just to plug up the solenoid..?

can anyone tell me what having this loop does(drawn in red)....cuz in my car the solenoid has a loop...the top one doesnt go where its supposed to go....i need an explanation on what this does....esp cuz am a newbie to skylines...he he :D

wouldnt that be done just to plug up the solenoid..?

the bottom one runs to your wastegate actuator, without this you car will probably boost until the fuel defender cuts in

the top one should run to your inlet piping after the air filter, i blocked mine off (top one) but have since unblocked it and it makes no difference

Edited by Keeper

solenoid.jpg

My setup is abit different from everyone else's. Is it still ok to do this mod since the 2nd solenoid nipple is being used?

And if so, which wire goes to ground, white or black?

• 2 weeks later...

This mod looks great!

Just thought I'd ask if anyone had successfully done this on an R34?

I would guess that it would be almost identical procedure?

I have noticed that on the R34 boost is limited in 1st and 2nd gear, getting the full dose in 3rd through 5th. Would this mod "rectify" this boost cut in lower gears? Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...
Never mind - i've sorted it myself - i've purchased the following:

http://dseau.resultspage.com/search.php?p=...34&site=&w=7701

for anyone that doesn't know anything about electronics you need a SPDT switch which is the following:

SP = Single Polarity - DT = Dual Throw - which pretty much means that if you flick it one way 1 thing turns on - flick it the other way the other thing turns on..

good luck!

Just purchased one of these things and about to give this a shot.

On the back it's got three pins. 1. 2. 3.

is it

1. Wire leading to ECU

2. Wire leading to actuator

3. Wire leading to ground

Have I got it wrong?