SAU Community

What is your opinion on younger drivers in imports (mostly skylines)

I am 20 i bought a Skyline when i was 19 but prior to that i owned 2 car . All of my cars were purchased by mum and as much as i try to keep it from them they still know.I just fear to hear what they are saying behind my back.

Has anyone else experanced this

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you will learn as you get older is that all people are wankers.

People just make the mistake of grouping them somehow.

People drive Skylines

People are wankers

P-platers are people

Therefore Skyline driving p-platers are wankers...

It works no matter what group you use, women, asians, wogs, men, old people.

I've got nothing against young drivers. (not biased on what car they drive)

But I've got something against young drivers, with a car full of mates, trying to show off, that can't drive well enough normally.. Traffic Sense etc, where the traffics going, how to read a bit further before you start being a dickhead through it.

Mind you its not just young people. And I'm not saying its right for an old geeza to do it. I'm just saying thats why young people get a bad rep. I think that made sense.

people i find that call me spoilt and shit are the guys that every weekend are drunk, high etc they spend all there money on crap, when i put mine into my car. they could have the car but they want the alcho etc and than get shitty about it. most people saying take mum or dads car home, i just pull out the rego sheet :) *mine ya bitch* i still get jealus of people in nicer cars, but its a part of life. cant wait to get an r34 :( and watch the jealus plauge me :D:D

Generalisations are a useful social tool, it allows you to make judgements based on incomplete information. The penalties for being wrong in your assumptions are usually less than the ones for ignoring them...

As long as you can cope with skivvy wearing latte sippers calling you a bigot :(

to be honest im sick of this country with its p plate system

i know its there for a reason but it seems its there so the cops know who to pick on etc

its just like a gay person walking around with fag imprinted into their forehead

we just seemed to get treated like shit from everyone

i cant wait for the time when i get my full licence in a yr so the :bs!: stops

trust me, they know to pick on you whether you have your P's or not man :(

Im almost 22 and have had a full license for a while.

I just try to keep a low profile. but you might be one of the good younger guys with a nice car, I think the few have ruined it for the majority

mark

Mr 32 M-spec, i think ur right, the few have ruined it for the majority :(

Just a note of the police, i have yet to be yellow or pull over, i find the cops ok here in perth and dont have a problem with them, i act nice to them they r nice to me :D

Things do get more 'rational' as you get older, you also tend to become bigger in size.......

And, most importantly...............

STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE, no good can come from them.

Why is it that 99% of the time younger drives get picked on by older drivers? I feel its not allways a car thing, its an " I am older and wiser and i have been driving for blah blah years and i am better ". It's been said to me a few times by other older drivers " Let me behind the wheel and I'll show you kids how to really drive it ". Sure, more time on the road would surely mean that someone is a better driver opposed to someone who hasn't been driving for very long, but unless you're intending to do something stupid there's not a whole lot anyone could do without breaking the law, and when I hear older drays say things like that above it doesnt set a good example for younger drivers... The stupid younger drives will take it as a challenge and think now they have to drive better/faster/whatever than the older drivers. Its not allways a case of what car you're driving, although excessively loud zorsts and bovs (mmm nothing like the sound) do attract alot of attention because they're ' different ' It's comes down to this ' how big your penis is compaired to the next bloke ' There's allways someone going to try and beat you and better you no matter what car you're driving, so be a real man, and let them.

mat.

Well to put a completely different spin on the 'ownership' side of things. I've just bought a R34 GT-T, saved my arse off for 2 years (and haven't rung myself dry either) the car hasn't arrived yet, but damn did the word spread quickly!! I told a few of my close mates, that i was looking into it, and that i eventually bought one and the news spread like buggery! And everyone's like, "you get a skyline?" - It was actually quite nice to see ppl genuinely interested and actually not know a lot about them but not pass and judgements straight away either. I think i've started a Skyline awareness amongst my mates, not sure what's going to happen once i get the thing :D

Everyone seems to know of the 'aura' of a Skyline, but don't know exactly what they are. It seems a Skyline's reputation proceeds itself :) - I must admit, i've had a bit of help from parents with the car (70% my cash, no loan, 30% parents money) but everyone i've spoken to about it are cool with it.

I think there is A LOT to do with where you live, and the type of people you know. Cos so far, i haven't had one "spoilt", etc remark (except for a few tools on this forum who didn't even believe me) from the ppl i know, it's all been really positive so far.

We'll see how it goes when i start driving the car. I drive a 91 pulsar hatch at the moment, and no problems on the road so far, but maybe that proves the point of P plates AND a Skyline attracting unfair attention.

I'm pretty confident though that even when i start driving the car, things will be more positive than negative.

cheers

Daniel i envy u hehe, i want a R34GT-T :D there so nice. im trying to sell my mr2 for one :) just waiting for the right offer. than after 1 year of saving get the r34 :)

i havent had no problems with older people in my car yet :) i get more compliments from older people than younger people with the mr2 :)

but i get evil looks from people driving past me like they r saying "stop braking the law"

i know the look you mean,just coz I have an exhaust and doing the speed limit does'nt mean i am bad.

There are alot of dicks out there young and old,I recall a few weeks back here in Perth,there were some crashes involving old people 30yrs+ and nothing said.

Then a crash involing a young driver and there was some hype about young drivers and that today tonight motor bike thing,Fark the media it's all :bs!: :boohoo:

I was driving down james ruse drive this afternoon (20 yr old with a white r32 gtr) and this hoon driving a Evo VII was driving next to me......the nerve haha.

The underlying comment that has been made over and over again, is that yes who cares what others think, you know how u drive and u also understand we own such great cars because we have an appreciation for brilliance. So let these little 'boys' drive 'their parents car' and call us names because we all know the truth.

Nick

One thing you will learn as you get older is that all people are wankers.

People just make the mistake of grouping them somehow.

People drive Skylines

People are wankers

P-platers are people  

Therefore Skyline driving p-platers are wankers...

It works no matter what group you use, women, asians, wogs, men, old people.

Soo truuee..

:)

Guest Munky
Friend of mine did it with a 180sx on his l's and hes the safest driver i know.

haha a friend of mine did that with an r33 and he's still a fking dangerous as hell driver. He drinks and drives, does burn outs every traffic lights.

I just stay away from his driving. I just hate the fact that his mentality is to continue until caught. Basically in this case its going to be continue until killed. He won't listen to a thing we say tho, even when we confiscate his keys when he drinks.

To be honest, I just think most young drivers are pretty bad drivers, how can you expect to be a good driver if you have no experience, to say you are is a joke. I've yet to have anyone prove me wrong, and if they happen to be in a skyline it's just amplified inevitably.

I mean c'mon, let's not sugarcoat things, these 17 year old's don't buy those r32 GTR's just to drive to church on Sundays. Generalisations don't come out of thin air. Statisically old and young ppl have the most crashes don't they, with young people it's from inexperience, most of them really should do some kind of advanced driving course instead of spending money on some additional mods or whatever.

I don't think most drivers are bad, most are generally sensible within the law of averages, but let's not paint these kids as some kind of saints either! You know a GTR or what not is a dangerous weapon in the hands of an idiot.