SAU Community

Is it bad when you haven't driven your Skyline for so long that . . . .

PLYNX

. . . . you have to spray the underside of the car to kill the redback spiders ! ! ? ! !

. . . . you get in it and you are looking for the "push to start" button and forgot you've got to put the key in the ignition and turn it ! ! ? ! !

. . . . Anyone else going through this as well . . . ?

This describes me exactly. Not because I don't want to drive the car, but because I've been stuck in WA for most of the last 18 months and only get home once in a blue moon. I've been driving a series of nasty, forgettable hire cars (En-Trail, HyStrionic, ASeXual, etc) that all have push to start.

When I get home, the spiders have completely colonised the car and I have to get the leaf blower out to remove the buildup of detritus and chisel the crap off the windscreen before I can move it.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I can tell you that it definitely takes less than that for the tyres to go out of round. So consider some of those curved supports/chocks or put it on stands, if you can.

Thanks! Thats actually the plan to have it on stands too. Fresh service before I leave with new oils/coolant all over too(even though I just changed it). 

Oh Wait  . . a 30 year old car  . . . and the heater hoses on the fire wall go  . . fix em  . . . then the hoses under the manifold go  . . . fix em . . . . then the plastic pipes that go into the heater core crumble . . . wait for it . . . the starter motor packs it in . . . yep fix it too . . . annnnnnd then the alternator drops charge . . . . fix it as well ! Yep Yep that covers it . . . . Nah . . still got a split hose  . . . some where . . . 

The local bottle shop has not ordering more stock for me.

Should never of stopped driving it.

Did some one say something about a M3 . . . . .

Should never of sold my 1967 HR Holden 186S . . . all you need for that was a piece of garden hose, a flat head screw driver and a shifter to fix it 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mohsen said:

i hadnt driven one in so long that..

when i finally drove one again i realised theyre hot garbage and im only in this marriage for the kids and my pride.

LOL yep...

Everytime I drive my shit box I get mad anxiety, especially when randoms talk to me or when I get followed.

Need mmoaaaarrr M3 Eurotrash as everyone here calls it.

On 01/02/2023 at 9:58 AM, PLYNX said:

. . . . you have to spray the underside of the car to kill the redback spiders ! ! ? ! !

I just let them come along for the ride. 

Drove mine yesterday for the first time in about 3 weeks yesterday. There was evidence of webs inside... Didn't get bitten thankfully.

Yes the Red back spiders are a problem in the country area Even the surface spray doesnt last that long. Last year even had a big green tree frog get expelled out of exhaust tail pipe after start up dead of course dont think it liked the BP ultimate fuel.

Take mine out every 6-8 weeks, always begins with the same shite:

All tyres on 22psi

Thin layer of sticky dust all over every exterior surface

Everything rattles, and then stops...

Then the old car experience:

Lag

Slow steering

Long throw box but with sturdy driveline feel

Crappy flat mirrors but great visibility out of the cabin

Cheap 90s interior, but still holding together well

Crappy audio

A lot more pedal effort with brakes

Strangely smooth ride quality

• Like 2

When I take mine out the cobwebs trail along behind me like a 'just married' string😂

I have to get a pink slip and get it registered again this month, I will see how many km I've done. Estimate <100.

Since I have the new dog, the 4wd gets used heaps more.  And can't leave the dog at home cos he gets bad SAS levels [Separation Anxiety Syndrome]...........so he has to come.

• Like 1

And you know those Redback spiders I sprayed . . . . well one of them got me  . . . . on the thumb . . . . while I was changing out my starter motor !

Got a bit sick, thumb went black and has swollen to about three times its normal size !

In sympathy my chief said I got bitten on the wrong spot ! ! !  

Go figure !

22 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

LOL yep...

Everytime I drive my shit box I get mad anxiety, especially when randoms talk to me or when I get followed.

Need mmoaaaarrr M3 Eurotrash as everyone here calls it.

i usually beat them off real good when they catch up with me.

i said what i said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

see y'all just complaining about skyline things. The rest of us who have never rated skylines all that highly, are not surprised.

Sm4M.gif

At least with Pulsar, once a shitbox always a shitbox. 
But i'll take that over any modern cars for sure.

Forgetting to pay your rego and then the car becomes unregistered... thats when it's game over.