SAU Community

What is your opinion on younger drivers in imports (mostly skylines)

Hi,

Im 17, and own a skyline gts-t. Now my parents did not pay for my car, but i was left some money from my grandfather who past anyways some years ago. that aside here comes my real question.

I have seen much hate towards younger drivers (17/18/19/20) in imports, now i would just like to ask why?

Im not a wanker, and i havn't yet got a speeding fee, or lost my P's, i have been driving for about 2years now, and driving my skyline for just over 6months (the skyline was my 1st turbo and man car i have driven, and i learnt to drive man on the skyline)

I can understand why somepeople would think all younger drivers are ***ing wankers, i really hate having my P's sometimes as i am given the sterotype of a hoon and a reckless driver. My daily drivers is normal and i keep to the speed limit or 70% of the time just under by 5 or so k's, but i get evil looks from people driving past me like they r saying "stop braking the law"

I am really sick and tied of it, i think i should be given a fair ago along with other younger drivers. Yes i know there are alot of wankers out there but just becuae i am young doesnt mean i am one of them.

U many be asking wat is my poiny... well i just ask for a common respect between drivers, and fellow people within the scene i have seen a shit load of BS within the car scene not just in perth but all over the place. Is it 2 much for me ask for just common respect, i may not be the smartest person and i aks alot of question but i just wanna learn and enjoy my skyline to the best i can

please feel free to add your comments being both positive and negative

thankyou michael

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest im sick of this country with its p plate system

i know its there for a reason but it seems its there so the cops know who to pick on etc

its just like a gay person walking around with fag imprinted into their forehead

we just seemed to get treated like shit from everyone

i cant wait for the time when i get my full licence in a yr so the :bs!: stops

Guest Munky

I can't believe the prejudice I get directed towards me because I am lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to get a sweet car like a Skyline. I haven't even driven the car yet (I get it in about 2 weeks), yet already have experienced rampant amounts of jealousy and crude remarks, not to mention being labelled misnomers such as 'brat', 'spoilt' etc... I just got my P's though so I'm yet to really experience the full frowning of society...

I don't care about the crude remarks though. I've always seen jealousy as a type of flattery!

dam P-Platers!!!

lol nah i was a P-Plater when i had my line and yeah there are kunts who stereotype you but P-platers in VLs or whutever suffer the same.. i just put up with all the harrasment and once u get ure full license u'll be ok :D

hang in there :D be safe

The good thing about queensland is you dont have to display your P plate on your car at all.

I think whats happens with imports is most people simply dont like them... they're mostly the people who cant/dont have them or your typical holden/ford/whatever driver who thinks they're car is better than your ricey shitty import. The trouble with you being so young in a performance car is people dont think you can handle the car and just buy it for its power so you can be stupid in it. I think you'll find that the people who will respect you are other import owners or pople who know have an interest in cars... Unfortunatly there's allways going to be some wankers that spoil it for people like yourself, and because you have a turbo/performance car you instanly are a young hoon...

to avoid all sorts of jealouse comments, just tell people ur have a skyline,but its a shiter, and if people tell u your car is shit, agree...

Cause really, u and they know its not shit, and if u tell people it is, itl get up em more cause u act like uve got plenty of money to throw around, and u dont really care about your car....

like dynamix said up here in qld we dont have to display our P's but i do cop shit from other people saying take daddy's car back home but it comes with driving the car you take the good and the bad hell if a jealous prick wants to tell me to get a real car then at the next set of lights theres a hottie saying you have a nice car then you break even. And just bcoz some young guy driving his dads/mums/mates skyline wrapped it around a pole doesnt mean we are aswell but the public doesnt see it that way so once again the minorirty phucks it for the majourity.

Why do you care what they think? Don't let it get to you, as it's already been said, they are just jealous or uneducated most of the time...

I used to cop the "dad's car" comments all the time. One memorable time, these tools in an EA Falcon stopped beside me at the lights and the driver leans out and says "I think your dad's looking for his car", then his mates all high fived and laughed at me. I smirked, looked at him and said "I think the wrecker is looking for yours". His mates laughed at him then, and he still hadn't thought of a comeback other than "umm... no they're not!!" by the time the lights went green :D

But anyway, most of the time very young drivers won't have the experience or the maturity to handle a 250hp+ RWD car. This isn't always the case of course, many of the guys who are on these forums are quite sensible, but it holds true for much of the driving public.

If you want an example of why young drivers in Skylines have a bad name, do a search on Mines_Datsun...

I know in some states they actually have a defence driving course that allows you to drive without P Plates, and also gives you a few extra points on your Licence. Im not to sure but I belive it might only be availble int ACT. Its called

'P Off' heh.

It comes with the car man and there is nothing us young drivers can do about it. The reason the general public do look down on us is because about 70% of young drivers are dickheads and do stupid shit on public roads. Alot of accidents and police chases publicised are young kids driving fast cars hence we are looked down upon as people think that all young drivers are like this.

We are driving fast cars. Cars that alot of people envy for whatever reason. Just because we are driving these fast cars doesn't mean we are "hoons" or bad drivers. Set an example from your driving, you may not get the respect or whatever you want to get, but atleast you know your not a jackass of a driver!

As dynamix said you will find there is normally a mutual respect between import drivers, usually because they appreciate the cars and the scene, other drivers dont look at us this way because they have seen what imports are capable of and they are not involved in/dont appreciate the world of performance cars (poor them)

Keep it sensible, drive safe on public roads, who gives a flying F*** what other people say, especially the bevans driving their beat up commowhores.

/end rant/

Guest Munky

A classic example of what we're talking about in this thread was present in a gaming forum I sometimes visit (only to look at their motor discussion). It was a thread about first cars, and I posted my car, and immediately received comments such as 'i want proof','i doubt that's his car as that picture looks awfully familiar','you dont deserve to have a car','he just wants to show off his e-penis'

that comment about how ur car looks awfully familiar is from danstar, and hes a fag anyway so dont worry. I'll admit i am jealous of your car, who wouldnt be! But that doesnt mean i hate you for having it, some people are just better off than others. Its the people that cant deal with this that resort to low tacticts like name calling and crap like that. Be proud of your car and yourself, and take other peoples jealousy witih a grain of salt.

hmmm 3 ipgn'rs...no more please no more!! stay their lol

im B L A D E from those forums...

I think if you own your car outright you respect it more. I.e if its your hard earned dosh sitting in this vehicle u are not going to try and broadside every corner u see.

Thats the way i feel...i spent 2 hard years saving up for my car...still trying to pay off my small loan...as i keep purchasing mods lol nearly finished :(

But yeah..for example saw some p-plater twat the other day up at balwyn village in a white skyline shhit ugly wing and zenettis...rolls up in this sort of old persons shopping village...music blaring... loud cheap exhaust lol and the stupid **** puts his foot down...all the old people look up and he changes gear and all u hear is the BOV and this moron speeding through a shopping village area

...its this sort of attention we DO NOT NEED. its these pricks who give us a bad name...

Their are alot of commowhore drivers ditching their rides to pick up a cheap import...the import scene is changing...and that is why im going to sell my skyline very very soon

TOO MANY 2f2f WANNABES!!!!!!!

Ive had enough of the idiots it attracts and the unwanted attention i dont want.. Im quite happy to buy an 89 cosworth and rip the **** ooutta anything and at the same time no one know wat the hell it is..unless ur an old fart.

Time to go ultimate sleeper!

i had a go at an old guy when i had my r33 and i was on p's, when i was cruising out of my street doing 40(edit: me doing 40 on the road that leads out of my street, not doin 40 out of the corner from my street :(), my car was still cold so i wasnt hurting it at all, as i drive past he yells out slow down idiot! i was like wtf!??

So i went back and gave him a mouthful then he didnt have much to say..

DAMN - He made me so angry!

He proby watched the news the nite be4 and got all hyped up about it..