SAU Community

Looking At M35's - Hicas

Dmyze_

Hi All,

Have lurked here for a while and finally am looking at making the plunge into Stagea ownership.

The only thing I can't seem to find out is if HICAS is a dealbreaker or not?

I understand what it is but not if I should pass up examples with it equipped or even just look at removing it down the track - So I was hoping you could give your opinions on it.

Also any general tips when looking at M35's would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Why would it be a deal breaker? Nissan obviously thought it improved the car's handling otherwise it would never have been added, it is only there to counteract the LSD diff's attempts to oversteer you into a pole.

It's far better to have LSD and V-Hicas than no LSD and no V-Hicas.

I personally don't have an issue with the V-Hicas with my setup other than I have way to much grip when in 4WD.

I personally don't have an issue with the V-Hicas with my setup other than I have way to much grip when in 4WD.

Jetwreck lives again..., :)

Got to agree there!

Honestly, I don't even notice it now; it was noticeable with shit standard rubber, but with decent tyres it's just in the background.

Best bet is to drive an M35 with HICAS and then drive one without.

Only way you will know whether you want it or not.

Sound logic there! sounds like the best bet. - I guess the only reason I thought it may be an issue is due to a friend with a R32 who used to constantly complain about it.

Thanks for the help guys!

I must be the only arx not to have a rear LSD.. Spin the rear wheels on the jacks and they turn opposite..

Craig thinks it got taken out Japan maybe :(

Oh we'll been looking at the quite one down the track :)

The rear suspension toes out under compression (even more noticeably on lowered cars).

IMO this is the reason Nissan made the hicas standard with the LSD - it's too easy to get the car into oversteer without the hicas fighting against the extra toe present on hard squat under acceleration around a corner.

I spose the reasoning behind it is that a majority of the mums & dads out there don't necessarily have the wherewithal to cope with a big oversteer moment in the wet

Ask me how i know what oversteer is like on a LSD equipped car with no hicas. :O

Jetwreck lives again..., :)

Yeh got raped up the arse by Ash Cosgrove because his important. So I'll be respecting what he says from now on because his a really swell guy and I hope to have sexy time with him one day!!

One day I'll be gone!!!! Shit happens. KB tough guys like ash are awesome!!!

Edited by Jetwreck
  • Like 1

The rear suspension toes out under compression (even more noticeably on lowered cars).

IMO this is the reason Nissan made the hicas standard with the LSD - it's too easy to get the car into oversteer without the hicas fighting against the extra toe present on hard squat under acceleration around a corner.

I spose the reasoning behind it is that a majority of the mums & dads out there don't necessarily have the wherewithal to cope with a big oversteer moment in the wet

Ask me how i know what oversteer is like on a LSD equipped car with no hicas. :O

The HICAS in the Stagea is only active over 40kmh. When active it only moves about 1.5 degrees steering in the direction of the steering.

It really only helps reduce bdoy roll by reducing the arc of a turn at speed.. a little bit towards crabing.

You can see the rack; it sits behind the diff, and is attached to the rear lower control arms.

It has a motor, & wires coming out.

Without; it just has a silver aluminium subframe.