SAU Community

Tranny And Turbo Problems

Fishingfreak

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows a few places that work on stageas m35 2002

Contacted mark from hills motorsport they can get ti done just a big chunk of money to be throwing around

the turbo is on its way out and the tranny is funny when towing

Wish some one told me 3 years ago that if you are going to tow with it then fit a bigger trans cooler

Anyways any info would be great thanks

Take it to jet wreck ...I'm sure he will reply soon.

I don't know if hills Motorsport have changed owners.. But a good 6 years ago they were rubbish.

Don't know what you were quoted or what your box needs.. But a service at JAX, flush and new oil with me providing the oil was $130

yeah i messaged him to give me a buzz thanks

And hills said $1850 for turbo + $650 for fitting

$2295 for rebuilt transmission and $560 for trans cooler

Its a big chunk of cash but

I guess if i keep the car for another 5-6 years prob ok

Ok this is where confusion has set in !!!

Turbo should onky cost at max 1250 for your current one to be high flowed and rebuilt. Jetwreck had mine done by Precision Turbo for a Sierra stage one. They can do a pretty much one day turn around. Alternativly you can send it down south to to hypergear who charge 850 for the service but have a 1-2 week turn around.

Jetwreck is the man for doing the change over also. These are one of those cars that if they haven't done it before don't take it to them.

Should be able to get a decent trans cooler for $150. With the C34 its easy enough to get a known good auto box for about $300 (they are just dumped over here) from someone converting to manual but don't know how easy it is to find an M35 trans although there are one or two doing a manual conversion in Aus....but a rebuild might be good if you're going to keep it for at least another 5 years!

yeah i messaged him to give me a buzz thanks

And hills said $1850 for turbo + $650 for fitting

$2295 for rebuilt transmission and $560 for trans cooler

Its a big chunk of cash but

I guess if i keep the car for another 5-6 years prob ok

Ok this is where confusion has set in !!!

Hey Guys

Contacted mark from hills motorsport they can get ti done just a big chunk of money to be throwing around

Wish some one told me 3 years ago that if you are going to tow with it then fit a bigger trans cooler

Depending on how much mods you have in mind. For some thing that that is stock replacement we charge $880 to high flow and that is responsive and works just like a stock turbocharger with bit more torque.

We can also high flow them to our SS-2 billet specifications with an larger 38mm internal gate. The SS service cost $1150 to carry out.

Turn around time is generally 3 working days plus the postage and shipping period on top. It will be lot quicker if you are based in Melbourne.

PM M35scotty for metal induction pipe and dump pipe if you are chasing performance.

Some results to share:

275rwkws P98

ss2highflow98.jpg

E85 297.8rwkws:

ss2highflowe85.jpg

lol.....I LUV Mexican dyno's!!!

As Stao has said....Melbourne based see Scott for the change and Hypergear for the turbo.

Sydney.....contact me first and ask my opinion then its your call. See Precision for the turbo.

Talk to you later on your gearbox Aleks....

Edited by Jetwreck

lol.....I LUV Mexican dyno's!!!

They are readings from the same car on two different dynos one on P98 and one on E85. Both of them are accurate and many can prove that.

As for OP, We've been working on M35 turbochargers for many years with different combinations trailed. You now of aware our time frame and costs as well as our options and results foreseeable for your decision.

Hey Guys

keep away from hills motor sport he is a thief :domokun:

They are readings from the same car on two different dynos one on P98 and one on E85. Both of them are accurate and many can prove that.

As for OP, We've been working on M35 turbochargers for many years with different combinations trailed. You now of aware our time frame and costs as well as our options and results foreseeable for your decision.

yup....the dyno's tell the truth Stao!!!...and I know the car and the dyno's used!

Don't we use them as a tuning device anyway?

Happy dyno....happy customers! Sad Dyno sad customer!

I'm not getting into Dyno arguments with you....i've given you a plug as I know you do a good build and you give a shit! nuf said!!!