SAU Community

Chassis Damage.. Bugger

ZRBE

Yeah, sorry I ended up googling the flange, I google everything before I post (usually...)

My pop can weld but he said he'd rather me take it to a shop also it's a different welder then he is used to..

Someone told me I can remove the adaptor from the BOV and just use a short bit of hose instead.

So might just do that.

• 1 month later...

Got a but of an update!

I get my opens on the 15th! Yay!

So I can finally drive the 32 home and legally call it my own :)

Just a couple of things slowing me down.

My pop is doing ALL the rust removal and has done an awesome job IMO so far but he is having a bit of trouble with redoing the rear wheel wells (try saying that 5 times fast :P)

So I need some HD pictures of an unmolested wheel well of an r32 gtst I can't find any on google or this forum.

Just so he has a rough idea of the shape, yes I know I could use the other side as a guide but it also has had the rust cut out etc.

Here's just a couple of pics so far.

post-105232-13836181614284_thumb.jpgpost-105232-13836181777333_thumb.jpg

No more hole behind rear window :)

Congrats dude, getting your fulls is kinda like getting your P's all over again, except with a much faster car haha

Body work looks like it has come along well, are you gonna give it a respray once you're done?

Sure am, still tossing up between colours.. I really like the gold because I've never seen a gold one maybe a little darker.. Or the original gun metal grey it came out with OR white.. :P

And yes so happy I'm almost on my opens, just hope I can get from Brisbane to gc without getting pulled over.. Haha :(

And yes so happy I'm almost on my opens, just hope I can get from Brisbane to gc without getting pulled over.. Haha :(

Been doing it for the last 10 years (in Skylines and WRX's). Easy - just keep it under the speed limit and don't drive like a dick.

Been doing it for the last 10 years (in Skylines and WRX's). Easy - just keep it under the speed limit and don't drive like a dick.

Haha yeah I was thinking exactly this.. 95kms far left lane lol.

Still no luck with any pictures of the rear wheel well of an r32 gtst guys? :(

• 3 weeks later...

post-105232-13853364591502_thumb.jpg

Okay, so finally the 32 is finished and drivable (just :P )

I need to find a bloody hose for my BOV the one I bought has kinked in 3 different places and when I slowly reach boost it starts like bunny hopping, I think the air from the BOV cannot get through those kinks..

Going to bursons auto with the car to see if they have anything there that might fit..

Already been pulled over twice for warnings.. Even though I wasn't speeding or anything wrong.

Really hate how police hassle these cars because of the idiots drifting everywhere haha :(

• 6 years later...

Just thought I'd drop back in and let you know the story. I ended up taking this thing for another tune a while after this post. The tuner knew I had bugger all knowledge on dyno tuning, let alone turbo cars in general. They wound it up to 28psi and it was fun... lost my licence for a long time because external gate plus t04e and 28psi I couldn't help myself. Ended up selling it for 5000 and the parts for 4000 so I broke even. 

Now own  50th anniversary G6E turbo and just installed a massive front mount kit from process west... mission to fit ? most work ive done on my own car since the skyline.

• Like 1