SAU Community

Recommended Intercoolers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greddy are top quality. Secondhand coolers, regardless of original brand, can be any quality at all, from ratshit to great, depending on whether they have been in a crash (and so maybe leak) or have had a turbo explosion (and so are maybe full of bits of sharp metal), etc etc. As with anything secondhand, you pays your money and you takes your risks.

And "made in China" and shit quality do not necessarily go together. There are obviously plenty of examples of shit quality Chinese coolers, but I think you'll find that many of the big brads are manufactured there now anyway. The Just Jap kits are surely made in China. There's just no way you can make stuff for that cheap without doing so. And no-one is really complaining about the quality of that gear. And that gear is representative of most of the non-brand stuff out there.

I'm looking to buy an intercooler with piping and all, but not to sure which brands are good. I'm not looking for the best just something that isn't fron China and shithouse quality.

There are plenty of guys on this forum using ling long intercoolers and make over 300kWs :)

All Cooling Pro, HDi, Hybrid are all ling long, but are built ok enough to do the job. I reckon get a HDi one and be done with it, save the coin for a new ECU

Greddy are top quality. Secondhand coolers, regardless of original brand, can be any quality at all, from ratshit to great, depending on whether they have been in a crash (and so maybe leak) or have had a turbo explosion (and so are maybe full of bits of sharp metal), etc etc. As with anything secondhand, you pays your money and you takes your risks.

And "made in China" and shit quality do not necessarily go together. There are obviously plenty of examples of shit quality Chinese coolers, but I think you'll find that many of the big brads are manufactured there now anyway. The Just Jap kits are surely made in China. There's just no way you can make stuff for that cheap without doing so. And no-one is really complaining about the quality of that gear. And that gear is representative of most of the non-brand stuff out there.

That's true, but when I said China what I was meant to say was eBay China products.

There are plenty of guys on this forum using ling long intercoolers and make over 300kWs :)

All Cooling Pro, HDi, Hybrid are all ling long, but are built ok enough to do the job. I reckon get a HDi one and be done with it, save the coin for a new ECU

Really? 300Kw? I don't want to risk it though. I'll never run that much power to be honest, well don't think I can afford to lol, but ye you get my point.

There are the guys around aus running 7second passes with china intercoolers. You have nothing to worry about. If you're into brand names then theres greddy blitz and hks. If you're into budget (like you've already stated) there's cooling pro hybrid hdi and ebay spec.

There are the guys around aus running 7second passes with china intercoolers. You have nothing to worry about. If you're into brand names then theres greddy blitz and hks. If you're into budget (like you've already stated) there's cooling pro hybrid hdi and ebay spec.

Hmmm....I'll consider it then. Just heard bad things about them, like piping doesn't fit properly and need some fabrication work. To be honest just want piece of mind.

Hey guys I'm also after a FMIC want something quality, i have been searching for a while i want something legal return flow in other words, i have been told that the Blitz SE return flow sits low and will scrap on speed humps... anyone have any experience with this? also can that particular intercooler handle 300rwkws?

You'll always hear more bad than good about alot of things. Parts these days are made pretty spot on (intercooler wise) I havnt heard of them fitting wrong or failing. At the end of the day it's just an intercooler. Its pretty hard to stuff that up. Its also pretty hard to blow one apart making the magical number.

Darkryda: 300kws on 16 to 20psi or 300kws on 25 to 30psi? It will hold a shitload of pressure. Power figures shouldn't be coming into play. I make 300kw with a 32gtr intercooler and these new ones are thicker and have way less bugs stuck in them

Hmmm....I'll consider it then. Just heard bad things about them, like piping doesn't fit properly and need some fabrication work. To be honest just want piece of mind.

I've used 2x linglong spec intercooler piping kits off eBay, they fit no dramas.. just avoid those silly chromed ones.. they flake off.

You'll always hear more bad than good about alot of things. Parts these days are made pretty spot on (intercooler wise) I havnt heard of them fitting wrong or failing. At the end of the day it's just an intercooler. Its pretty hard to stuff that up. Its also pretty hard to blow one apart making the magical number.

Darkryda: 300kws on 16 to 20psi or 300kws on 25 to 30psi? It will hold a shitload of pressure. Power figures shouldn't be coming into play. I make 300kw with a 32gtr intercooler and these new ones are thicker and have way less bugs stuck in them

Just looking to future proof my intercooler, as in buy once and not have to worry about changing it if I get to a certain power level =] anyone have any dramas with blitz one being to low? Just really after a decent legal intercooler anyone have any interesting setups? Most pics up give me some ideas.

Hey guys I'm also after a FMIC want something quality, i have been searching for a while i want something legal return flow in other words, i have been told that the Blitz SE return flow sits low and will scrap on speed humps... anyone have any experience with this? also can that particular intercooler handle 300rwkws?

LOL hijacked my thread bro :P

Wow alright. I don't think I'll be running that much power anytime soon. Thanks :)

My newest cooler cost me $50 brand new 600*300*76. Doing just fine at near 250rwkw on 18psi hoping to be over 250 in the next month. Cheapest part on the car! Came in a plain brown box too!

Wow! That's hell cheap! Did they include piping and all?

Just looking to future proof my intercooler, as in buy once and not have to worry about changing it if I get to a certain power level =] anyone have any dramas with blitz one being to low? Just really after a decent legal intercooler anyone have any interesting setups? Most pics up give me some ideas.

Blitz is not too low. The only time i have seen them too low is people buying second hand with no brackets, or using the wrong supplied bracket. As they come with 33 and 34 mounts.

This is a pretty low angle shot of mine. Cant see the hot pipe underneath. It tucks up inside the bumper nicely.

IMG_8630.jpg

Try ignore the broken passengers indicator :) It came loose and i run it over. lol. had to make do temporarily.

Edited by gotRICE?

You're looking for polished. Not chrome. Most are polished... iv never seen a "chromed" cooler setup. Who would waste their cash chroming cooler pipes?