SAU Community

Recommended Intercoolers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how that is possible, it defies physics :wacko:

I don't do physics I can just tell you what the gauge tells me. I assume the cooling ability of the quality cooler is far better than the eBay one

It's not possible to create intake air on the inside of an intercooler that is even as cold as the ambient air cooling the intercooler.

Anybody who claims to have seen it is needs to check their temperature measuring instrument.

Edited by GTSBoy

Ye man it does. Might get a mate to help me out when looking for intercoolers because so many things could go wrong with second hand and I'm on a budget, so got to be careful and ensure that the FMIC I get lasts.

is the intercooler upgrade urgent? if not, maybe u can hold back abit and save up more for a better one?

most quality stuff dont come cheap... :(

*hands keys over reluctantly* so bluddy hard to choose the correct intercooler :(

LOL. It is.....so many brands

That $50 was just for a universal intercooler no piping, commented to highlight that the cheapies work fine usually. You won't usually see a power difference at low boost and power, yes they are usually more effective than stock but it's your car, if you can afford top end stuff and that's what you want then you should get it. It has been proven by many that the cheaper kits, hdi and cooling pro as mentioned, do the job. Regarding piping. You can always shop around. I had quotes from $450-$1000. I luckily found an exhaust shop run by 2 older blokes who made my piping from scratch for $290 and they spent all day on it. Total cost was $340.

You got a point there. I'll see how I go, because the worst thing I can do is buy an intercooler and then later down the track have to upgrade because its not sufficient. Did that with my first car and wasted tons of $$$

I don't get how that is possible, it defies physics :wacko:

PHYSICS!!!!!! :woot:

is the intercooler upgrade urgent? if not, maybe u can hold back abit and save up more for a better one?

most quality stuff dont come cheap... :(

Very true indeed. No its not, so might as well save. Just have other things to save for as well.