SAU Community

V36 Sedan - Sydney Dealerships

NISMO

Hey Guys,

I'm considering getting back into a V Series and looking at the V36 Sedans.

Have always loved them, and loved the 2 V35 Coupe's I've had so no point in going for something else i probably won't be happy in :)

You see a fair few advertised in dealerships around Sydney so just wanted to see if anyone has had any good experiences with a particular dealer who has stock that you can point me to.

Please keep in mind forum rules, and this is not a place to bag dealers.

If there's something negative you know of, please PM me.

Thanks!

Thanks Sean, Chef is definitely on my list as is J-Spec who i used for one of the V35's and had nothing but an awesome experience with.

Was just hoping that maybe there's a decent dealer out there to check out as well. Yeah i know, crazy!

Thanks Sean, Chef is definitely on my list as is J-Spec who i used for one of the V35's and had nothing but an awesome experience with.

Was just hoping that maybe there's a decent dealer out there to check out as well. Yeah i know, crazy!

If only... haha..

Wouldn't touch one unless they had solid evidence of correct odometer.

Thanks all,

I've spoken to Geoff in the past and agree he's great.

And awsam I'm pretty sure I've dealt with Igor as well.

lol, after 15yrs with imports i get around a bit :)

Looking at what i want though maybe importing will be the go, as have my heart set on a 50th Anniversary 08 sedan, with the red leather seats, adaptive cruise and sunroof, and not to many of those in Aus.

There is one with 77000 k's all documented, brought in it seems as a private import but thats about it.

^4th that. But Geoff is in Perth so you might want someone local.

No need. He has his connections all over the country. All my dealings with him were from Sydney. He helped out every step of the way from the buyer, to the sea freighter to the customs brokers to the compliance workshop.

As the '09 models weren't being handled by anyone trustworthy in Sydney at the time, we had the vehicle shipped to Brisbane where Bruce Gearing did his magic and then he made sure my vehicle safely made it onto the truck I organised through CEVA Transport.

There really is no need to be local to Geoff to receive the same level of service.

Looking at what i want though maybe importing will be the go, as have my heart set on a 50th Anniversary 08 sedan, with the red leather seats, adaptive cruise and sunroof, and not to many of those in Aus.

There is one with 77000 k's all documented, brought in it seems as a private import but thats about it.

Ah, so a more race-looking beast. Nice.

Definitely better off importing. Always best to take out the middleman. At least you can be sure that you'll have very few (if any) surprises because you've got all the detail on the vehicle beforehand. Not to mention the money you'll save in the process too. I just like being in as much control of the situation as possible.

yikes!! thought we already had some consensus on this topic.

Lets looks at one of the dealers mentioned - they're one of many that refuses to advertise VINs - alarm bells should ring.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Skyline-2008/AGC-AD-14479439/?Cr=5&sdmvc=1

eav9cIa.png

NOTE: black infiniti badges and rare tail-lights. Relatively rare mods like this give us a good chance of identification.

xVb7s0y.jpg

oNIafbu.jpg

fNdwtOu.jpg

8Pzb57f.jpg

How can we be sure this car ever even made it to AUS from auction in Japan? It has a government issued compliance plate:

6ed0Eq3.png

Edited by dodgyimports
  • Like 1

I only just skimmed it, what am I missing regarding the V36?

Dealer advert = 31,000km

Auction sheet = 80,000km

Dealer also listing random, made up VIN number so that people will not be able to google said VIN and find auction sheet.

Dealer should have balls removed with vice grips.

• Like 1

Sorry mods if this is the wrong spot to post this but it seemed like the best option.

You guys will no I normally NEVER buy into publicly commenting on this sort of stuff, but haircuts this big are just unbelievable. I only discovered it last week and I have no idea where it has ended up, but please take this as a huge warning if it's sitting at a dealer somewhere. V36 Type SP sedan in silver with 259,000km on it when it left Japan.

This went through auction in May this year, and I had a suspicion that it would end up here, sure enough it has been complied in NSW on July 22. The 19s on it are fairly distinctive so it shouldn't be too hard to track it down. I'll leave the bloodhounds to do the work...

post-12772-0-04430500-1379911396_thumb.jpg

post-12772-0-33516500-1379911404_thumb.jpg

post-12772-0-72816100-1379911414_thumb.jpg

• Like 1