SAU Community

How Far With Nistune ?

Stealth400

Oil change every 5000ks on a performance engine, filter every 10,000

And definitely change regularly if running e85

Jesus kiwi I change my work vans oil more regularly than that lol

Annually or 20,000+ km should be fine but I end up changing it abut every 6 months (10 - 15,000km). I get Nismo filters for $30.

maybe if you own a KIA or something..5000km km is the norm, or if you race..before and then after is good, and with 40+psi a top up in between..lol

i woudn't like to be your engine bearings...lol

cheers

darren

Ok it's not a ? On oil anymore it's what's going in.

Picked up a special conponants standalone ecu along with a OS Triple plate to match my Getrag. Just on the look out for a R34 pedal box and I'm complete for the convert. Oh and the manual centre gear surround for a S2.

Capping power @ 325 until convert, my tuner is trying to convince me to fit the GTX42. Wrong car in my eyes for the 42 so I'll stick with the 35.

On test mind a GTX40 spooled up 750rpm faster than GT35. The GTX40 made the same power @ 0.4 bar less and 50ft/lb more than the GT35. For a big turbo they not too laggy.

lol, f**k fitting a 76mm turbo to a manual stagea....weight and lag, be awful..and slow, especially in this day and age with mid frame 62-67mm turbos that

flow so much air..

cheers

darren

The gtx40 was on a R34gtr and the GT35 was also on R34.

I have said I'm sticking with the GTX35 myself and will make best do with what I have.

The weight issue is something I can work on.

900kg front and 700kg rear axles at the moment,and will be reduced in weight in time. Getting as near to 750 is the end target I'm looking for.

Lag is part of the game, just need to reduce best I can.

Cheers Lee

Edited by Stealth400

• 2 months later...

Car looking good. Needs an RB30!

I have a GT3540R with a .63AR exhaust for quick pickup (weighs in at 1800kg with driver). Haven't been able to get to the drags yet -hopefully these holidays. Currently at 314AWKW - here is the boost curve:

20131121Boostcurve001_zps6ff5756f.jpg