SAU Community

Jb Or Npc Clutch For 32 Gtr

portaz

Well my clutch is on its way! Jim looked after me alot with price which was good of him , soon as its in I will get it tuned to its potential and head to drags hopefully with no explosions lol. Then fingers crossed I get banned for running sub 11 then no need to worry just cruises and hill climbs etc. I'm thinking if switching back to street tyres instead of semis to make an easier weak point in driveline but will keep u all posted

Good stuff :) Let us all know how you go! Make sure you fit it 100% to Jims specs ;)

what happened to you being a JB fan?

I got a Nismo and never looked back really, just so nice to drive.

Even had a Nismo die on me (after 500+ launches, 4WD helli's, 30k kms driving)... All it did was start to flare a little like a normal clutch wearing!

Well after a radiator hose issue it's all running now and to be honest it feels like a stock clutch! Zero noise and it can be slipped with no issues so providing it doesn't explode lol very happy with it so far and I was sick of the twin plate rattle but I was expecting some noise but there is really none, thanks jb

We also went with a JB Clutch.

Was very interesting talking to Jim.

Our specs given to him were 26/30, 600KW at all 4, street driven occasionally, built for drag, 4WD launches and abuse.

He ended up building us a kit that looks exactly like 34geeteetees pictures but with a 5700Lbs clamp cover.

The most interesting part was the discussion about flywheels.

Key point for drag was not going lighter and staying with the standard flywheel weight for good 4WD Launches.

Going from what JB had to say, there are a number of 8-9 second GTR's running the same clutch with stock flywheels.

IMHO if your going to run the stock flywheel (which should not be run on those times and power figures) or any other billet flywheel at those power levels and times you should invest in a ballistic blanket to save yourself regardless should something go wrong.

Edited by GTRPSI

Mine is a one piece chromoly thing one pound lighter than standard with a JB 4800lb 5 puk sprung centre single plate.

Re-pucked once in 5 years though probably due for another one.

Still holds 800hp with 4 big blokes in it aye Matt? :D

Mine is a one piece chromoly thing one pound lighter than standard with a JB 4800lb 5 puk sprung centre single plate.

Re-pucked once in 5 years though probably due for another one.

Still holds 800hp with 4 big blokes in it aye Matt? :D

It might have held a bit of abuse :ph34r:

Poor clutch haha