SAU Community

Jb Or Npc Clutch For 32 Gtr

portaz

oddly enough I have one of them in shed also O-;

it was fine with 400rwhp in a GTR but only lasted 5k kms and started slipping.. if its for ya mates GTR with around 450rwkw, doubt it would hold.

don't think they're worth rebiulding, unless someone like Jim rebuilds and sups up..I really should throw it out..

My mate had an exedy twin in his vl and was without doubt the heaviest pedal I have felt in a car, was garbage for the street.

Interesting! That is why i like the clutch style we have, it is as light as stock but gives you more of a pedal feel...

Pulled my NPC clutch out yesterday (single plate 10" sprung button)

Has been in the car for 3 and a bit years and has no hotspots or signs of damage etc. The material has just worn enough that I'd rather rebuild it while the box is out

Very happy with how it has held up. I slip it a bit daily driving the thing. Was expecting it to be a bit worse than it is

Pulled my NPC clutch out yesterday (single plate 10" sprung button)

Has been in the car for 3 and a bit years and has no hotspots or signs of damage etc. The material has just worn enough that I'd rather rebuild it while the box is out

Very happy with how it has held up. I slip it a bit daily driving the thing. Was expecting it to be a bit worse than it is

How much is it to get it rebuilt?

Installed ballistic blanket, a little agricultural as it's universal but didn't have to take the box out to do it . It has about 6 layers of nylon/ Kevlar material , hopefully it will never be tested . Took a fair bit of effort to cut a hole for Slave cylinder which is a good thing I guess

post-80685-13850182989872_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

$450 is the quote but not sure if that will go up or down when they finish it

thats about what i paid for my rebuilt one...only a few thousand kms on it now but I'm noticing its getting a lot easier to ride a little now that its bed in, I can drive it in traffic now without the occasional bunny hop or tyre squeal...really is a nice clutch for its price..

do you have their flywheel as well?...

was thinking of getting a nismo twin copper mix. but my mechanic is recommending a npc..says they're better. no idea wot sort of clutch is in the car, ive owned it for 5 years never had it out. probs done 200+ clutch drops from redline..(car makes bout 320kw) but eventually it died. just when I thought it was invincible ( may have dropped a 4 wheel burnout to warm the tires a willow bank resulting in the speedo reading about 30km/h higher then it should have by the end of the strip) have been told some clutches don't like getting dumped often? but never heard much bout npc? anyone had much experience abusing them?

thats about what i paid for my rebuilt one...only a few thousand kms on it now but I'm noticing its getting a lot easier to ride a little now that its bed in, I can drive it in traffic now without the occasional bunny hop or tyre squeal...really is a nice clutch for its price..

do you have their flywheel as well?...

Yeah I bought the flywheel when I pulled the box out for a rebuild. Seems to rev a bit nicer and havent really noticed any downfalls. Think the cooling channels in the middle do their job as well. I wish I'd taken photos of the clutch when I pulled it out, was quite impressed with how it had held up.

ended up being just under $500 all up with throwout bearing and express post

was thinking of getting a nismo twin copper mix. but my mechanic is recommending a npc..says they're better. no idea wot sort of clutch is in the car, ive owned it for 5 years never had it out. probs done 200+ clutch drops from redline..(car makes bout 320kw) but eventually it died. just when I thought it was invincible ( may have dropped a 4 wheel burnout to warm the tires a willow bank resulting in the speedo reading about 30km/h higher then it should have by the end of the strip) have been told some clutches don't like getting dumped often? but never heard much bout npc? anyone had much experience abusing them?

Best bet is to ring NPC and talk to them about your needs. They sell a standard button twin plate and a cushion button twin plate. One of them should suit your needs. But give them a call and chat to them, pretty helpful and will tell you exactly what they can do for you