SAU Community

Jb Or Npc Clutch For 32 Gtr

portaz

Not sure. I never sent him a clutch and they looked new.?

Haha. I paid for the box.

A mate had his HKS twin rebuilt by jb and it lasted and drive very well. So not knocking the guys work. It's just I didn't have much success with the heavy single with a mix of street and track.

I've told him 1100 nm and for safety he suggested solid centre clutch not as good on street but less likely to have issues, I touched on exploding subject and he said its the centre bit can't remember exactly but the part in middle of clutch plate that usually fails and it can't in solid for some reason? But the failures reported on this forum are mostly pressure plate related it seems ? Anyway I will ask him straight out tomorrow

Was it the clutch fault or some other part that caused it?

Buy a nismo copper mix and have piece of mind knowing your car won't be a write off

I have nasty photos of one that died (not my car) and won't use one because of them

I seriously doubt the Nismo copper mix is made by exedy.

Don't skimp on the clutch

yeah kind if agree here, its not something you want to have to replace too often....that said i picked up a refurbished NPC with flywheel cheap as chips and its been faultless....wanting the best doesn't always have to mean 2500$ worth of Nismo...just means you should do your homework...

Well I will let u know how I go, I've spoken to Jim again about the failures and to me seems fair enough , these things happen and I guess it's what insurance is for in the end, he seems very honest and open about the various subjects so I'm pretty sure mine will be fine. I'm sure other manufacturers have had clutch failures but we don't hear about them, anyways looking forward to 450kw at the strip

I think youd definitely year about exploding clutches on SAU. Especially the big boys, exedy, nismo, npc, os.

Anywho, you will need a twin for 450. It would be 10000000000x nicer to drive than a unsprung clutch. Imagine taking a sledgehammer to your gearbox with every gear change. That is what 4500lb clamp load sounds like haha.

Go nismo or NPC. Both have good rep

Yep that's what he said, u guys have me suitably worried now... Is it true the excedy twin plate is same as nismo? There is one going for a good price I know of

no the nismo clutch plates are made by velo, but I doubt they are allowed to sell them to anyone but nissan/nismo

Funny. You ask the question and hear not so good revues, then do your own google search, find more horror stories and still go with mega clamp solid centre single? Make sure you have a spare gearbox is all I'll say.

Good luck

I hear you... I really do. But there are stories of nismo, npc and others letting go too, please don't think I havnt considered your suggestions but in talking to Jim he was happy to explain what happened and my tuner hasn't had any issues so I just decided to go with my original plan but actually the only horror stories are in sau in the wider google search nothing of note came up under my search queries anyway I hope u don't get to say I told you so buy time will tell