SAU Community

KPHC-110 Skyline

Guest two.06l

Guest two.06l

there is a god . found an immaculate KHGC-110 skyline .61 000klms on clock .the old fella who owns it has just got an inheritance and is upgrading to a new bmw.will sell it to me.i am interested in whether i can get my hands on the following:wheel flares,gtr grill,gt skyline and gtr badges and some cool retro watanabe rims to make this car into a "faker shaker"and also why do they call these cars "ken and mary"skylines, thank you

Unique Autosports in Castle Hill can get you the badges..

so can Nissan Dealers

if you're an SAU NSW Financial Club member, you will get a discount at Hornsby Nissan on parts

there is a god . found an immaculate KHPC-110 skyline...
Don't you mean "KPGC110 Skyline"???
why do they call these cars "ken and mary"skylines, thank you
"Ken and Mary" were a 60's and 70's singing duo who were chosen to appear in the early 70's Skylines ads on TV, in magazines and newspapers and that meant that the KPGC110 was nicknamed the "Ken Meri" after the advertisements.

Guys in Japan know don't even know who Ken and Mary are, yet they call the KPGC110 the Ken Meri... go figure.

21148.jpg

"It was the commercial song made for the the Nissan skyline that brought fame to "KEN and MERI." I think that when it came out, the image of the TV commercial and the conjointly remarkable effect of the music was felt by many men at the time. Yukihiro Takahashi and composed the lyrics "a sad song not being sung any longer" was a member of YMO along with Masakazu Togo of the photograph above"...

Guest two.06l
Don't you mean "KPGC110 Skyline"???

"Ken and Mary" were a 60's and 70's singing duo who were chosen to appear in the early 70's Skylines ads on TV, in magazines and newspapers and that meant that the KPGC110 was nicknamed the "Ken Meri" after the advertisements.

Guys in Japan know don't even know who Ken and Mary are, yet they call the KPGC110 the Ken Meri... go figure.

21148.jpg

the KHGC110 Skyline in Aust. is the Datsun 240K 2 door coupe. Thanks for the info on Ken and Meri , great to hear from you in Japan Rezz.........you are the guru. :wavey:

the KHGC110 Skyline in Aust. is the Datsun 240K 2 door coupe. Thanks for the info on Ken and Meri , great to hear from you in Japan Rezz.........you are the guru. :wavey:
Ah, I see... when you made mention of the Ken Meri I thought... anyway, no probs about the Ken Meri info :D

Its also called Ken and Mary coz of the fact that the brochure is titled Ken & Mary for that particular model of GC110. the KH is not the Ken&Mary. Either way, you'll know you have a Ken and Mary if you have a sticker of a red umbrella or the words Ken and Mary as a badge.

Its also called Ken and Mary coz of the fact that the brochure is titled Ken & Mary for that particular model of GC110...
And the brochure was titled "Ken and Mary" because of the TV ad!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

From the TV ad... standing with the car are Ken & Mary, the two characters which gave the car its name "Kenmeri"

n1oka08.jpg

The tree was called Tree of Ken and Mary. It was named the “Tree of Ken and Mary” in 1972 after the names of the characters in the commercial of Nissan Skyline, in which the tree appeared. Many people must remember the catchphrase, “Skyline of Love.”

http://kanko.pref.hokkaido.jp/kankodb/fore.../e/n1_oka08.htm

http://www.alles.or.jp/~gtx/

My Uncle-in-law Tomohiro told me about the "KenMeri" Skyline first hand... "You know... you know... the line??? The line???", he said. "The split line that goes through the rear wheel arch..." "THATS what people remember the Skyline for..."

He told me about it with some kind of urgency... like he was telling someone who didn't care at all about Skylines of old... even though I was hanging onto every word he said (as any Skyline freak would)... this was the defining factor for me about why I came to Japan.