SAU Community

My Thread For Tracking Progress

UNR33L

Hello,

Thought it's about time I started one of these 'build threads' to help me track progress as I've hit my first plateau & motivation issues in gym over the last couple of months, the idea of this thread is to help me get past them.

I joined the gym December last year with Birds, for around 3 months we trained 4 days a week and he started me off doing some big volume workouts including 1RMs to help build up my strength. Since then I've basically been on my own or working out occasionally with friends.

I started out about 65kg and skinny, ate anything and everything, my lifts went up but so did my weight to around 75kg but wasn't happy with the amount of fat I had put on as well so cleaned up the diet a bit and most importantly I stopped drinking for a few months, now however my motivation has dropped off and I've started drinking again which has really effected my workouts and program. My goal is lean gains and at the moment I'm sitting at around 70kg, another goal of mine is to increase the weight I do overall especially with legs (squats).

From memory my PBs are 95kg 2 reps? bench, 140kg 1RM deadlift, and 80kg squats for a few reps - this is why I'm starting the thread I can't even remember all my numbers half the time to come back to (keeping in mind I usually train 8-10rep range). I'm not going to lie I need to deadlift / squat more often.

Anyway I should be hitting up the gym later on tonight for an update, so any advice or constructive criticism is welcomed.

Edited by UNR33L

Get a diary, write in it after every set.

improve on it next time you do that session.

Yeah that's kind of what I wanted to do with this thread so I can track it all.

Did chest / tris tonight to get back into it

Decline barbell:

60 x 12

70 x 10

80 x 8

90 x 5

Incline barbell:

45 x 10

55 x 6

55 x 6

Seated bench (machine):

70 x 10