SAU Community

Xforce Mufflers

RS_Rawli

I've had a search around in the forum and on google and can't seem to find a great deal.

I've got a 32 GTR with a twin Kakimoto system on. I hate the twin cannon rears and it's a touch on the loud side. So I'm going to change the twin 70mm to a single 100mm before the rear muffler and fit a single oval 100mm muffler.

Basically I've spoke to a few muffler shops who said they couldn't get hold of a stainless one. I've done some searching myself and spoke to Xforce, they do one, but I can get a Borla or a Magnaflow for similar money from the states.

I'm a Pom and haven't heard of Xforce as we don't really get then over there. I'm just making sure they're not cheap crap because if they are I'll go for the magnaflow/Borla option

Cheers

Chris

I changed my 4 inch catback to a 3 inch catback with an x force mid and rear muffler. 4 inch was overkill and the sound was ridiculous.

I also have a 3inch turbo to cat. (HKS off the shelf whatever)

The muffler shop said it would be much more restrictive however I made the exact same power. I was expecting to lose some boost in the top end and maybe some response, but nah its the same shit.

so +1 for xforce from me

There is very little difference in any of the straight through muffler designs from my experience. It's just a perforated pipe with packing at the end of the day. Go as large as you can with the muffler body to reduce decibels, and don't go larger than you need to in pipe size.

• Like 1

4 inch is more than enough as it is. I just don't want to go from the 2x2.75 to a 3.5. The xforce boxes are quite big so should be good for bringing the volume down a bit. Need to measure what room I can afford tomorrow

I was running a 3 1/2inch system with a 3inch Xforce oval muffler, before that I had a 4inch nurspec ( bloody noisy), fujitsubo( quiet but 2inch restrictor) and I found the Xforce muffler great for flow and noise was perfect.

I bought second hand, and got a mild steal 3" bell-mouth dump for $60 and a stainless 3" cat-back with a large oval mid, and at the diif it ups to 3-1/2" with a short cannon for $200.

Then I bought a new catco 3" flanged cat for $175 off KMS

= brilliant quiet system for a grand sum or $435...

at least look at S/H options before you spend thousands