SAU Community

I Wonder How Hard The Police Push These New Laws ?

simpletool

So I wonder how the police will interpret these new anti-hoon laws and how hard they will push them?

From the example set by the anti-bikie laws I think people should expect them to be pushed very hard over the next few weeks. Personally I'm going to try and avoid driving the Skyline for a few weeks.

Any thought?

Anyone come into contact with them already, or over the weekend?

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread but this is kinda related (on account that I'm shitting myself!)

I'm relocating from SA to Springfield Lakes. Can you help me with a suggestion of where I should go for a RWC and mod plate?

Or as another possibility, should I transfer the car into a parents name and leave it SA rego for a bit until the dust settles?

Thanks in advance

Not sure if leaving it in SA rego will help. I also can't help with RWC or mod plates, sorry. From the photos your cars looks too low and I'd suspect the cops find that the easiest thing to issue a defect for.

I thought being low was the least of my worries as the car is (to the best of my knowledge) standard height.

The kit give it the appearance of being low I guess

post-59520-0-53798900-1383354712_thumb.png

Cheer anyways I'll start my own thread re: RWC

gday terry,

I just moved up from SA.

ServiceSA and SA rego is a dream compared to up here.

personally I'd leave it on SA rego for AS LONG AS you can while you gather the correct info up here

• Like 1

Guys honestly ride height keep if legal exhausts try keep em a bit on the quiet side or simply drive normal never get hassled myself and I've got a 400kw daily driven skyline to work. And I've found the first words that come out your mouth when pulled over are the most crucial (attitude test).

Saying all this yes I know there is quite a few cops out there that try to maximise revenue on us import guys

• Like 1

I am wondering about the definition of "time trial".

According to this http://www.police.ql...blicVersion.pdf, speed trial means:

(i) any attempt to establish or break any vehicle speed record of any description on a road; or

(ii) any trial of any description of the speed of a vehicle on a road; or

(iii) any competitive trial of any description designed to test the skill of any vehicle or driver or the reliability or mechanical condition of any vehicle on any road.

Seems like if accelerating too fast from the lights can also fall under this as (ii)... also probably test driving cars at a dealership is can fall under this whether it be testing acceleration speed or testing how much grunt the car has up a hill with your family sitting in the car.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

According to this http://www.police.ql...blicVersion.pdf, speed trial means:

Seems like if accelerating too fast from the lights can also fall under this as (ii)... also probably test driving cars at a dealership is can fall under this whether it be testing acceleration speed or testing how much grunt the car has up a hill with your family sitting in the car.

A public version hey. I wonder whst the left out during the rewrite. And via these new laws fast acceleration from csn be deemed speed trialing. Hence I've chsnged driving habits to 20kph per gear change.

I'm getting worried about this as well.. I get my opens very soon and knowing my luck with cars & police, I'll get pulled over coming out of the driveway..

I have raised the car so it's now about 110-120 off the ground in all areas..

Also took my atmo BOV and replaced with a Turbosmart Kompact (recirc) and plumbed it back..

My only worry is my external gate, if a cop knows his stuff, pretty sure he or she will find it..

I'm not going to push it enough to open the wastegate..

But it's kinda hard not to stand out with gold paint, orange boot, black front and back bumper AND white skirts lol :/

I'm getting a respray asap! Haha

I have seen a crapload of undercover golfs and hiluxes pulling imports over in my area, (Miami, burleigh heads)