SAU Community

I Wonder How Hard The Police Push These New Laws ?

simpletool

According to this http://www.police.ql...blicVersion.pdf, speed trial means:

Seems like if accelerating too fast from the lights can also fall under this as (ii)... also probably test driving cars at a dealership is can fall under this whether it be testing acceleration speed or testing how much grunt the car has up a hill with your family sitting in the car.

In all seriousness those 3 points on speed trial could be twisted to cover many many many situations on the road. Included used car test drives, mechanics drives after working on cars, bedding in brake pads, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

between the new bikie laws and this hoon crap, QLD is turning into a bit of a hole of a place to live in

There is also proposed changes for noise complaints to combat out of control "social media/facebook" parties.

Basically gives the police far easier access to come onto and search your property

Already a thing from the look of it. Was at a party only 2 weeks, invites on Facebook, they have had plenty of parties with no complaints, this time, the cops rocked up and said that as there was over 20 people there, we would need to disperse or the residents of the house would be fined.

<br />Already a thing from the look of it. Was at a party only 2 weeks, invites on Facebook, they have had plenty of parties with no complaints, this time, the cops rocked up and said that as there was over 20 people there, we would need to disperse or the residents of the house would be fined.

<br /><br />Lame. If it wasn't after 10pm and the parry was kept inside the yard I can't see how the cops could have done anything to be honest.

<br /><br />Lame. If it wasn't after 10pm and the parry was kept inside the yard I can't see how the cops could have done anything to be honest.

Group of more than 20 apparently is not cool with cops, it was well before 10. There seem to be a lot of people who think it might be to do with the G20 summit and trying to impose laws about group gatherings as they are somehow a threat.

The police will assert a rule which may or may not be a correct interpretation. If you obey then they're happy. If you complain later, they'll say it was a suggestion. Normally, they are just trying to find an easy way to keep the peace. Sometimes they just get used to people doing what they ask, and if you disagree they'll find one of the many common laws everyone breaks and write you up for that.

the police themselves are often fine to deal with. Just doing their job, and with a minimum of fuss to the public and themselves. The concern would be the the push from the powers above, to make laws that take away freedoms and rights, and then push the police to start enforcing them.

the police themselves are often fine to deal with. Just doing their job, and with a minimum of fuss to the public and themselves. The concern would be the the push from the powers above, to make laws that take away freedoms and rights, and then push the police to start enforcing them.

Yes, like the OMCG laws. At least those laws are taking resources away from hoons.

• 1 month later...

So I wonder how the police will interpret these new anti-hoon laws and how hard they will push them?

Looks like you QLDers are going to get shafted again...

I found this on of the groups on FB today:

According to the latest correspondence from Qld Police Minister, Jack Dempsey, driving an illegally modified vehicle is often associated with hooning behaviour, and therefore is justified to be an offence under Vehicle Impoundment Legislation.

However, this only applies to illegally modified vehicles and not defected vehicles, as he goes on to say that driving a defected vehicle is not considered to be associated with hooning behaviour and therefore does not come under the Vehicle Impoundment Legislation.

Seems like he wants to push the modified car = hoon = direct impound without even doing any 'hooning' (or should I say having a modified car is now 'hooning')... which was something I sort of saw comming after seeing the updated QLD hoon laws last year.

Having a so called 'illegally' modified car falls under the new Type 2 hoon offence...

Luckly, no such crap has appeared in WA yet... :nyaanyaa:

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Jack Dempsey got teased and called Jacked Empty by all the cool kids in high school, and everyone knows all the cool kids drive modified cars. This is his way of dealing with his unresolved teenage angst, and getting back at them. How would a defective (aka faulty/dangerous) vehicle be safer on the roads for the general public than a vehicle that may be illegally modified (ie, adj coilovers at legal height) but not defective?

To add to this i drove thru the valley last nite, pulled up at lights next to a black bmw x5. Guess which one of us revs their engine, then drags off from the lights? No, not me...oh but thats ok, his was stock, he's not a hoon...yeh right

I know a Chinese family by the name of Hoon.

With a name like that you wouldn't dare buy namesake number plates would you?

hahhaha probably not...

serious? i have not come across the chinese surname "hoon" though :D

• 3 weeks later...

I just moved up from SA to Carrara. How worried should I be driving around? its not too low but I have aggressive wheels, a greddy plenum and shiny radiator. Anyone know where I could get a rwc too