SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

Will add, Jevs move on Button was very good. But his move on Romain looked like rank desperation of a hack. From nowhere, steams into the side of the car in front. He is hopeless from opne lap to the next. In Singapore had as many hatchet moves as nice moves and penalties. He is under investigation and hope he cops a penalty as Romain was a chance for 8th/9th.

And Rosberg...pretty classy in defeat. Want hom to win more than ever but not going to happen unless Homo runs off and records an album with P Diddy or has an argument with Nicole. Maybe need to send her a reminder what her man gets up too in UK when she isnt around

Lewis_Hamilton_1546881a.jpg

meh, I stopped watching after Williams gave away both of their positions to Dan. That was all I could handle after Louise passed Rosberg! lol

you're right though - it's hard to argue Louise doesn't deserve the WDC with all those wins, but I still hope his car bursts into flames like at Hungary (iirc), only this time during the race. It would be fitting if something gifted the title to Rosberg considering the way Homo won his WDC...

Bernie gets his wish- This 'double points' bullshit pretty much ensures drivers title will have to be decided in Abu Bakr Al-Bagd... oops, i mean Abu Dhabi.

Lewis would only need to finish 1 point ahead of Nico in Brazil to seal the WDC if not for that.

Actually, Harry is right. Homo got his WDC whilst tripping over his own d1ck several times throughout the year so will be fitting for him to get taken out in a turn 1 incident in Abu Dhabi. Still...Rosberg was there abouts so Hamilton cant skip a beat. Though the damage appears done

So I've crunched the numbers (you're welcome) and if the last two races are Merc 1|2 finishes in any order, Lewis wins the drivers title. Of course if the points end up tied, Lewis still takes it on win count-backs.

Thinkig back to how when Vettel dominated how Hamilton said his WDCs werent real as he had such a car advantage. I bet he is happy enough with a car that is the most dominant car since Ferrari glory days. Even the Brawn was only dominant the first half dozen races....the Merc advantage is probably bigger right now than it was at the start of the year.

Does anyone remember the quotes in particular from Hamilton regarding Vettel and it being the car, not real WDCs etc?

Redbull had the dominant car every year Vettel won a drivers title. Although I don't recall the Hamilton quote you reference, I'd say there's no such thing as winning a title anymore without having a car that's notably better by some margin, certainly not for several decades would you say that's been possible down to driver tenacity alone.

Just re-checked last years results and was reminded that of Vettel's 13 wins, 9 of them were back-to-back from Spa onwards. What a breath of fresh air the tech-reg shake up was!

(even if it just meant a new team now dominates)

• Like 1

Actually, Harry is right. Homo got his WDC whilst tripping over his own d1ck several times throughout the year so will be fitting for him to get taken out in a turn 1 incident in Abu Dhabi. Still...Rosberg was there abouts so Hamilton cant skip a beat. Though the damage appears done

yep, and the last race Hamilton did everything he could to lose the WDC until his GP2 buddy, Glock, gifted the WDC to him on the last lap, slowing by an utterly ridiculous ~20 seconds compared to his previous lap with conditions no different - there was still a perfectly evident dry line on the track where Timo was crawling around the last corner... If karma exists, Hamilton will lose this WDC with a retirement on the last lap of the last race...

Edited by hrd-hr30

Oh how that would give (nearly) everyone here a hearty chuckle, yes?

Conversely, if he wins the WDC, does that mean we can all finally agree he deserves the title World Champion?

To Vettels credit he only had one GP (singapore) where he was in a place that even slightly resembled the sort of car advantage that Mercedes have. In 2012 he won so may tight races against McLaren just being rock solid (Apart from Canada where he speared off and gave win to Button)

That all said I think Rosberg has pushed hard and made sure Hamilton had to drive well to win the WDC. So at least he has had one car out there that is withing a second a lap of him

Seriously. after the second pitstop where up until that point they were just cruising to make sure they had the tyres to go the distance, I think Disco Dan got to within 6 seconds of Rosberg and then they just drove away diving into low 42s for about 8 laps putting Dan back to 15 seconds.

They just have pace to burn

When asked by AUTOSPORT about Ecclestone's suggestions the bigger outfits hand over some of their payments to fund the poorer teams, Red Bull boss Christian Horner said: "That is awfully nice of Bernie to suggest that.

"Every team has negotiated his deal with the commercial rights holder and I think it is an issue that needs to be asked of him about the distribution of money.

"We have signed agreements, and I am not convinced that even if you double the money to Caterham and Marussia it would have solved their issues.

"Their issues are more fundamental on what are the cost-drivers rather than what is the income."

Horner is adamant that the only way forward is for F1's owner CVC to pay more out of its profits to help keep the smaller teams alive.

"We have huge budget pressures, and I have to operate within our budget," he said.

"If the commercial rights holder wants to put in place more money to the smaller teams then that is their choice and their responsibility.

"Teams are here to compete, not sponsor each other."

sounds perfectly reasonable, and absolutely correct to me.