SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1927268-breaking-down-the-costs-of-racing-in-formula-1-is-spending-out-of-control

Jan 19, 2014

The 2013 Formula One season was filled with reports of teams in financial trouble. It is no secret that many of the smaller teams (and even the race-winning Lotus team) are struggling. At the same time, F1 is bringing in record levels of revenue

...Last October, according to Tom Cary of The Telegraph, CVC, "Formula One’s largest single shareholder, took a $865 million (£538 million) dividend in 2012," and that, "It is believed that CVC, who paid roughly $1 billion (£620 million) for the sport back in 2006, has now gained more than $2 billion (£1.24 billion) from the sport in the last 24 months."

The private firms that own the commercial rights are not interested in what is best for F1, other than if it can make them money. As the numbers demonstrate, they are making quite a lot right now, so, from their perspective, F1 is probably not in need of fixing.

but Bernie says the teams need to share thier bit of revenue out better so he and his mates can continue raking in half billion dollar dividends and mulit billion dollar profits unimpeded!!!

who's the wankers?

Edited by hrd-hr30

but Bernie says the teams need to share thier bit of revenue out better so he and his mates can continue raking in half billion dollar dividends and mulit billion dollar profits unimpeded!!!

who's the wankers?

They all are.

Would explain why Button was in such a foul mood during the race and post race. G.O.N.E! Been wishing it for a while but now that it appears a reality I will be a little sorry to see him go. He is a quality fella....even if he can only drive the perfect car he has rather hammered his favoured rookie.

Perhaps Honda would be wise to give Button a year swan song tour and keep the kid in testing-simulator role for another 12 months just to be sure that they have both Button and Alonso pullingmax points every weekend. (something that kid has not been great at doing) For Honda McLaren could be the difference between 3rd or 5th in the WCC next year

Wow! Sauber are the new Minardi ! Sad to see. To think he turned down Red Bull all those years ago when they wanted to increase their involvement with the team and with it say in the team. What do they say about hindsight? :(