SAU Community

Tips And Advice On Hicas Strut Brace And Reshimming Diff For R33

R33GTR_girl

Hey All :D

Looking for some advice on how to go about reshimming the LSD for my RB25, and also looking for some info on front and rear strut braces.

So the Hicas is disconnected and I'm wanting to know what else I need to do to complete the mod? I'm also rebushing the whole rear support frame for diff as it's seen better days :S So could use some tips regarding what's the best to go with.

If anyone's done this or wants to throw me some advice on how to go about any of these tasks let me know, would be super grateful! :D

Going over my car and decided to remove cooler pipes on my Blitz front mount to check oil build up and noticed the front bar had rubbed a hole into the pipe itself, I slid a silicone joiner over the hole in order to patch it up. Wondering if this is an okay solution, because the pipes come with the intercooler kit and weren't exactly cheap :P haha

Anyways to clean oil from intercooler system? Or is that not something I should worry too much about?

Would like to relocate igniter from coil pack cover...any suggestions?

Advice would be appreciated :)

What dif is in the 33? And why do you want to shim it?

Re: strut braces, something 1 piece is best as it eliminates the movement in the joints at either end.

Proper refirb of a subframe is a major job. If doing new bushes etc. You can get 'pineapples' which are used to solid mount the subframe to the body. Used these on my zed with good results. Cheaper and easier than burning/pressing out old bushes and pressing new ones in.

Coupler over the hardpipe should work ok.

As for removine oil from cooler, effort v amount of oil in there is the calc you need to do.

a little bit of oil in the cooler is ok, some people flush them with water and then use like a brake clean or degreaser in water to flush it, I just drained it and let it sit for a few days so it could drain out, as I didn't want water in my intercooler.

Hicas lock bar is quite east to install on an R33 as you only need to unplug the rear steering rack, unlike the R32 or Silvia where it was hydraulic. But if you are looking at getting a few things done suspension wise then it wouldn't be too much to have it installed as they would need to remove the old steering rack anyways. As for brands and people to do the suspension work, talk to fulcrum at Moorooka, they have done lots of R33s.