SAU Community

rolling guards

DJ_L3ThAL

Well i rang around and found The Mag Wheel centre in carlton. They are VERY expensive but do a great job. They apparently roll gaurds on mercs, bemmers, porches, and all other show competition cars.

At the end of the day, The Tyre Factory recommended them and i believe that if a rival company directs business to them, The mag wheel centre must have a damn good reputation.

PS: Don't know the contact details, but i am sure they are listed.

I got mine done just b4 the autosalon, when i did my suspension work, can't remember exactly but it was round the $350 for all 4 gaurds.

And yes i am aware that JMS do them for $50ea, and i argued this point to no avail.

You could have just called me and got me to ring Mark man.

I'm sure he'd know someone who'd do it cheap, or even he might be able too.

I'll come over tomorrow or friday and check it out.

just about finished moving house :cheers:

put baseball bat between wheel and the guard, rest it on the tyre and pull upwards so it pushes the guards up and out... then roll the bat around the tyre... its how we used to roll guards on old cars if you didn't have fender flares :D

They use the same technique these days, cept the machine is attached to your wheel bolts and the roller has padding so it don't chip the paint.

hahah yeah i heard about the baseball method than funky was talking about... but even with the modern method, is rolling the guards safe? i.e. does the flex and stretch in the metal cause the paint to eventually wear and split or chip??

i'm looking into getting a guard roller soon (in process of enquiring about them), and yes you do have to heat the paint and metal before doing it to ensure the paint doesn't crack.

I'll let ya all know if i get it.....