SAU Community

Rb26/30 Help

SoulScene

buy one from a running R31 that you can do comp check on, check the overall condition on things and then establish that its a good one.

in saying that... i got lucky with the bottom end in my s14, I paid 20 bucks for the bottom end with no head on it. got it home, checked it all over, pulled a couple of bearing caps off and decided that i'd give it a go. well that was 2 years ago now haha still going strong

• 2 weeks later...

buy one from a running R31 that you can do comp check on, check the overall condition on things and then establish that its a good one.

in saying that... i got lucky with the bottom end in my s14, I paid 20 bucks for the bottom end with no head on it. got it home, checked it all over, pulled a couple of bearing caps off and decided that i'd give it a go. well that was 2 years ago now haha still going strong

Glad to hear it's still going, that's the bottom end I wanted to buy :-P

• 4 weeks later...

my car is proof of that, stock RB30 with 26 head, all supporting mods. 412 rwkw on 22 psi and it gets thrashed...HARD

Is that including stock RB30 pistons etc?

How does it drive (when you're not thrashing it!), as I guess the compression ratio would be quite low with stock RB30 pistons + RB26 head?