SAU Community

Picky For The Right Type Of Clutch

kila32

Hey guys looking to upgrade my clutch, the car is relatively stock, will most likely only run a max power of 350kws so need for a crazy clutch setup.

With the clutch I do prefer the clutch point to be really low, the stock clutch and the current clutch is really high, also would like the clutch to be pretty heavy. ( I know im weird)

I have heard that with the R34 it uses a pull type system and this is why the clutch point is so high?? Don’t know if this is true or not.

Heya KILA32,

I get my clutches custom made.

I currently run a 6 puck ceramic button plate with a 1400kg pressure plate on my 340kw 32R and like it.

I don't consider it heavy, I drive it everyday and it won't slip even when driving like an idiot.

The pressureplate WAS an Exedy heavy duty with 1040kg clamp load that we modified to 1400kg.

You can adjust the clutch pickup at the pedal.

Mark :)

I like the Exedy Twin plate, I have used all manner of single plate including a custom twin spring plate making over 2000kg clamping force, all a pain in back side to drive and never lasted more then 9-12 months

I would never use a single plate again after using the twin plate, especially in a GTR, there easier to drive feel nicer and last so much longer, though I race my cars a fair bit both drag and trackdays and texi, the twin plate has been in this car for over 7 years now and still going strong

friction point can be adjusted and if a heavy pedal is what you want, very strange but hey each their own, disconnect the clutch booster

Cheers guys,

Yeah I know most people like their clutch to feel light but for some reason I have always prefered them to be on the heavy side. Thanks for all the great advice.