SAU Community

Hyper Gear Atr43Ss2 Or Precision 5858?

s213b

Ahh i'll be at Chequered tunning @ 2p.m Wednesday

What time will you be there?

I think I might have a buyer :(

My car will be tuned at 10am but yeah i wont be there til after work to get it. Lol and ull know which car is mine, the one that looks like its just been theough a nuclear bomb. Edited by boostn0199

If your after a reference this is my r34 gtt, SS2 internal gate on standard manifold using 100 octane, 17.5psi at 3750rpm, 293rwkw

Why does your int gate ss2 seem to hold boost fine but blah_blah mentioned his int gate ss2 dropping off a few psi?

Cheers Tony

Not too sure why, i changed all intercooler hoses and clamps so there no leaks , my SS2 is the latest one too if that makes a difference too, stao my have a better idea

Could be more to do with the car then the turbo

e.g. could be exhaust back pressure problem

My SS2 tapers off up top with ext gate, its only 2psi max, but We think it is probably something in the exhaust. Havent looked into it yet, its not really an issue for me at the moment lol

Cheers Tony

Not too sure why, i changed all intercooler hoses and clamps so there no leaks , my SS2 is the latest one too if that makes a difference too, stao my have a better idea

Yeah I have the revision just before your one that holds boost better

Curious to know what supporting mods you have?

I know my intercooler pipes arent the best and I may have an exhaust restriction

Well heres my result 343kw on 18psi check the hypergear thread if you want to see my dyno readout. But overall turbo performed very well.

Sounds impressive. E85? Yours was ext gate yeah?

Yep I have the Precision 5558/ 0.63 with 40mm gate off turbo housing and pointing up, turbo is low mount on standard manifold and plumbed back. 286rwkw at 16psi on 98. Boost 18psi dropping to 16psi in the upper rpms. In second it wheel spins around 3700rpms if you come on gas a bit, in third after 5000rpms it pulls reallyy hard to 7500rpms and feels like its got a lot more in it, a great turbo no doubt, think I got issues with my Nistune pulling timing /vct not working because I expected 300rwkw+.

I've got a few skinny weld dags hanging off my cat converter opening - wonder if this is a power robber...