SAU Community

#6 Sydney Skyline Cruise - Bateau Bay (Edit)

smiik33

One more thing, the bolt that connect exhaust and engine was bent as well.. and it was leaking from there as well... so basically every joint of the exhaust was leaking by the impact done showed in the picture.

WOW..... I'm gobbsmacked....... That's just horrible.

I can validate you 4WD Attesa issue because when I finally parked my car on the sand, I noticed that the 4WD light was on in the dash!

Fortunately, after turning it off and then restarting the car later and making it home, all is well and the light hasn't come back on since.

Unfortunately whilst all intentions were to have a great fun day by all, this run potentially could be remembered as the "SAU Nightmare to Patonga!"

I really feel for you mate, you dodged a bullet with your original purchase at EL's but now got blasted by a cannon!

Bob.

• Like 2

WOW..... I'm gobbsmacked....... That's just horrible.

I can validate you 4WD Attesa issue because when I finally parked my car on the sand, I noticed that the 4WD light was on in the dash!

Fortunately, after turning it off and then restarting the car later and making it home, all is well and the light hasn't come back on since.

Unfortunately whilst all intentions were to have a great fun day by all, this run potentially could be remembered as the "SAU Nightmare to Patonga!"

I really feel for you mate, you dodged a bullet with your original purchase at EL's but now got blasted by a cannon!

Bob.

My 4WD light was never up but the noise was so loud which really scared me. It's not as bad as EL incident as I will lose more money if I made that purchase the only different is I ran out of luck to dodge this one. The main thing is I think these damage that was made could completely be avoid by simply tell us where we were going, so simply, one sentence would do the job. I think if he told us we were heading a dirt road would still surprise all of us.

• Like 1

On a positive note, all that looks like cosmetic damage and can easily be repaired and/or replaced. It shouldn't cost anywhere near $10K though.

On a positive note, all that looks like cosmetic damage and can easily be repaired and/or replaced. It shouldn't cost anywhere near $10K though.

The rear diffuser cost around $4000 from nissan, the front lip and bumper is $700 each ($1400 in total) and they should be cheaper to get from nissan than repaint according to JLM, the kakimoto exhaust cost around $2500 and right side bumper needs to be repaint which I haven't got a price yet. The diffcult part is the colour is bayside blue and it's very hard to get the colour matched and it cost more as it needs a base paint + 2 layer of blue and another 2 layer of clear coat. but 10K should be enough to cover everything, still.. 10k is not that small.. I can get a decent GTST around 10k without any problem.

Call Nissan yourself and get some exact figures before you go too far.

Also, having bought a brand new bumper from Nissan, had to get painted myself as for 32s at least they don't come in colour.

I know you're upset but a good paint shop can easily match the colour, don't make it sound harder than it needs to be.

The rear diffuser cost around $4000 from nissan, the front lip and bumper is $700 each ($1400 in total) and they should be cheaper to get from nissan than repaint according to JLM, the kakimoto exhaust cost around $2500 and right side bumper needs to be repaint which I haven't got a price yet. The diffcult part is the colour is bayside blue and it's very hard to get the colour matched and it cost more as it needs a base paint + 2 layer of blue and another 2 layer of clear coat. but 10K should be enough to cover everything, still.. 10k is not that small.. I can get a decent GTST around 10k without any problem.

You can repair the front lip and bumper via plastic reconditioning for $700-900. Even if you buy them new from Nissan, you will still need to repaint them...

Painting of the front bar plus lip and the RHS sideskirt shouldn't cost more than $800-1,000 to repaint.

Your exhaust just needs to be repaired. No need to replace unless it is completely mangled (which doesn't apear to be the case from what I see in your pics).

Not too sure if the carbon diffuser can be repaired. If not, then surely you can source one for less than $4,000. Like I said, I can help with any and all of those parts. PM me if you need any help.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the mishap.

Maybe I missed it in amongst all the heated discussion, but does the owner not have Comprehensive Insurance on the vehicle? If not, perhaps this is a valuable self lesson to take on board as well...

If you do have insurance, then I would contacting them to lodge a claim. I work in the industry and cannot see how a claim could be rejected or denied (without knowing who the company is or any policy conditions you may have).

Yeah I mentioned comprehensive insurance as well. Just not sure if being on a dirt road would make them look the other way. Would also need to confirm that it's still a public road and not a private road.

You can repair the front lip and bumper via plastic reconditioning for $700-900. Even if you buy them new from Nissan, you will still need to repaint them...

Painting of the front bar plus lip and the RHS sideskirt shouldn't cost more than $800-1,000 to repaint.

Your exhaust just needs to be repaired. No need to replace unless it is completely mangled (which doesn't apear to be the case from what I see in your pics).

Not too sure if the carbon diffuser can be repaired. If not, then surely you can source one for less than $4,000. Like I said, I can help with any and all of those parts. PM me if you need any help.

I agree with Charlie on this - most of the damage looks superficial and/or repairable. The hardest cosmetic thing to repair/replace is probably the carbon diffuser, but then this could open you up to options if you want to upgrade or change it to a different style.

Painting can be sorted by any capable spray painter, and BSB is surely easier to match than one of the three different Midnight Purples, right?

Personally, I wouldn't be asking for anyone else to pay for the repairs (except maybe your insurer), but that's me. When I damaged my car a few years back, my sister kept insisting that it was her fault because we were at the shops that day under her request, but I was the one in the driver's seat, I was the one in control of the car, and I was the one not paying proper attention at the time because I was tired and hungry. Granted, this situation is slightly different, but I sure as hell hope that this doesn't set a precedent for this country becoming litigious, and people throwing law suits and sueing people left, right and centre... I'd just take this on the chin as being part of car ownership.

• Like 1

I totally get what you mean but if you were there you would understand, if I did a U turn there the car would be stuck and a tow truck would be needed and worse damage would be done to the car, the best way there and I believe anyone who was there would agree with me is to just crawl in where the first avaliable place to do a u turn and come out by crawling again and I made several stop during the crawling and the car behind me kept an eye on my car as well, it was not becos I think "they can go in so I can go as well" I didn't get any chance to get out! The first avaliable place to do a u turn was where we stopped any point before that I would totally ruined my car. What really happened was the car is already f**ked up and I did what's best to reduce the damage, I didn't go all the way because I think I maybe can and blame the organiser later, I couldn't do anything back there! The orginiser was lucky I didn't punch him right in the face and if I see him again I will and one punch will not be enough! Im not joking and if you think I'm threatening him you are not wrong! Yes! I am threatening him! That's how serious and angry I am And I am really pissed off now. And please don't say things like you know everthing and others are just idiots, after all it is my car and you think I would do anything to harm it?! I choose to go in as that was the minimum damage could be done on my car! Hope that clear things a bit! And I do thank you for your reply and concerns about my car I really appreciate that!

Jun, like I said, I'm sorry about what happened to your car. I only had the best intentions for a photo shoot on this dirt road which was LESS THAN ONE KM!

Like a few of the other guys said, no one held a gun to your head saying you have to drive in. For you to say that I'm to blame? I apologized for the sake of your car because I'm just as enthusiastic about my car as the next person on this forum, not because I was guilty.

As for the threat!? Buddy I don't take threats lightly! You'll find my number on page 7 of this thread. Better yet, call me on 0433 396 407 and we'll sort this shit out! Throwing a thousand yard comment saying you wanna punch me in the face on a forum only pisses me the f**k off! CALL ME!!!