SAU Community

Rb30Det Wont Start

ive recently put a rb30det into my vl commodore and ive wired it all up. the engine cranks it sputters but just wont fire ive checked the compression which is around 150psi per cylinder and checked that each coil is giving a spark which it is and each injector is injecting. if some one could help me out that would be greatly appreciated

i made sure the fuel lines where around the right way and the spark plugs are brand new. ive hooked up the afm but im not sure if its grounded or not when i wired the computer into my vl i wired in the two constant positives and the one ignition wire

As this is really a conversion it doesn't have much to do with the fact is an rb2530. .

Wiring can be a nightmare.

And extremely hard to find a mistake online.

What ecu and injectors?

yaaaaaaay it started for the first time wooohhoooo so happy. had my mechanic mate come round he was mind boggled couldnt work out why it wasnt starting ether. so when he left i got some new sparkplugs and put in the smaller factory injectors in and boom it started cheers for your help guys :)

isn't it just common sense?

bigger injectors on a factory ECU programmed to control factory sized injectors.. a simple analogy could be a garden hose water gun

Mist Setting (factory injectors) - press trigger half way, just the right amount of water for plants

Retard Jet Setting (larger injectors) - press trigger half way, water sprays everywhere hits neighbour and her shirt is now see through.

• Like 1