SAU Community

Double McPoints this Long McWeekend

AndyMac

400HP and 13ninety4: you may want to read a little harder. Defects issued for excessive noise from vehicle exhaust, Offensive volume from Car Stereos or starting/driving car with smoke/garbage being emitted from the exhaust carries a 3 point demerit.

Having said that, nobody I know who has been done recently for the exhausts have lost the points. This was a big deal a while back. Maybe they have changed the ruling however with dickheads like Michael Costa as the front runners in the "get rid of modified car hoons" posse, i cant see that happening.

My 2 cents

just going off my past defects.

i got defected for 17" wheels, to low, microtech computer, turbo, FMIC, full roll cage, harnesses, race seats and no horn (all in a GTi Swift) and did not lose any points off my licence....... sweet

Hey BYBY how do you get engineering certificates? if you have them can a cop still defect you cause i heard if they want to be dickheads they can with or without a certificate... what can you get certificates for?

Croat: correct

99% of the time the police themselves have no exact knowledge of what is and isnt legal, they use their on discretion. Quite often a cop will defect for what they deem illegal but the RTA will clear it. If the engineers report is valid and you present it to the RTA to have it noted and listed on your registration, a cop cannot defect you for items on the engineers report, however anything not listed that they dont like, look out.

If a cop deliberately hammers you for something that is noted on the engineers report and you have done everything right, the solution is simple. Formal complaint.

Originally posted by croat

Hey BYBY how do you get engineering certificates? if you have them can a cop still defect you cause i heard if they want to be dickheads they can with or without a certificate... what can you get certificates for?

my old pulsar was engineered... different interior, 4 wheel DBA cross drilled brakes, engine conversion, intercooler, suspension, wheels, exhaust... it was all on there.. cops never got me because i always fronted with the certificate.

Oh, the insurer didn't ask for mods either, if you tell an insurance co that your mods are on an engineers certificate, they dont need to know the mods.

Christian

you can get everything engineered so long as the engineer deems them safe.

If you visit a workshop they can put you in touch with somebody (I know mark @ hills uses somebody - ph number in sig). otherwise you can look for an auto engineer and get them to do it.

Christian

croat you moron :D

you cant get illegal shit engineered hahahaha.

too loud is a defect, cant be enginnered. Deal with it.

bov is a defect, cant be engineered without huge and expensive adr and emissions tests. Deal with it.

too low is a defect, cant be engineered if its under the legal limit. Deal with it.

Now having said that, your car isnt that loud so shut up. You dont have a bov so shut up. and your car is no where near too low so shut up ahhahaha :D

By the way, apexi gauge comes in on tuesday bitch :(

Originally posted by XCUZME

croat you moron :P

you cant get illegal shit engineered hahahaha.

too loud is a defect, cant be enginnered. Deal with it.

bov is a defect, cant be engineered without huge and expensive adr and emissions tests. Deal with it.

too low is a defect, cant be engineered if its under the legal limit. Deal with it.

Now having said that, your car isnt that loud so shut up. You dont have a bov so shut up. and your car is no where near too low so shut up ahhahaha :)

By the way, apexi gauge comes in on tuesday bitch :P

LOL!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: