SAU Community

Import... I'm stupid, I know... but I love it!

RTFGTR

Hi,

New member, I have a R32 GTR coming to the docks in 4-5 weeks. It's pretty nice as far as R32 GTR's go. T78, Trust Intercooler, straight body and so on and so on... and so on... nice... "Trust Me"

I have a not so good driving record. I'm 24.5 but wont be getting off my "P's" for another 14 months, I'm not a crazy driver, just had bad luck and some unfortunate insurance claims. I lost my licence for the first time (3 times total, after the first time it's pretty easy for the second and thrid as you have jack shit points to play with) with only 1 month to go. Then they stuck another 3 years on (after 1 year sus.) plus an extra 6 months for licence suspension while on P's. I have not stuck on my "P's for over 3 years and never been dicked for this so far. I am assuming that my GTR will have at least 440hp and I'm pretty sure that if I get done by the jacks (if the officer knows what he is talking about) will get me for power to weight (on "P's" officially) and probably an EPA appointment also. What can they do to my car / licence? If anything.

I know you'r probably thinking I'm a stupid driver or should have not bought a GTR (I think I've waited long enough) but I swear... it's all the other dick heads out there that got me into the shits with driving history etc... Example: Sitting at traffic lights and a truck clean swipes me trying to do a left turn from the right lane. He wins, as he claims he could not see me and trucks can use two lanes... I dont get (and I argued this) if he was using two lanes, how could I fit into the left lane anyway? My current insurance rating is 7 yes 7. I'm only going to 3rd party insure my car. I've (in my eyes) never had an at fault accident in my life, so I'm not to fussed about the risk. My cheapest quote for fully comp. was $6637.00 with a $1750 access. (F^%$ OFF)

Anyway... if someone could give advice on boys in blue situation (if I get dicked) it would be appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Skylines Australia mate. :wavey: Anyway, back on topic, the Boys In Blue will give you a fine for having a car over the "Power:Weight Ratio" law, i'm not sure if you loose demerit points for this. Also, if you didn't know the rule is 125Kw Per Tonne.

Dallas

yeah just cars even for third party.

re the police jsut keep a tube of ky in glove box you will need it.

seriously I drive a pretty out there looking ride I have no problems with the law. but i drive with in the speed limit and dont show off and stuff do that and keep away from hot spots ie no lapping chapel :) and you should be fine.

re power to weight its only a fine no points I believe.

meggala

So I get a fine... do I lose my licence? Will I have to get my car to an accepable power to weight ratio? Can I still drive the car? If I only get a fine, I can handle that!

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not a show off. I have a serious case of bad luck. I hate c^%$@ that show off. This is not the first car I have driven with serious power, only use it when required. (It's nice to know that you can blow 95% ok 99% of cars out there off the lights) but as I said, only as required... like the dick that just won't let up at every set of lights you stop at, sure he may have thrashed you the first and second time... but third, get stuffed... show that mo fo who's got the brass.

and at the fourth lights lose your license again... :)

:wavey:

Power to weight is only an issue if you can't prove its the only vehicle available to you to drive in the house or that all the cars in the household are all overpowered for your license class and that its owned by someone to whom the rule dosen't apply to. Even then you'll only get a fine, no points. But owning a GTR on your P's IF you do get pulled over, expect to get an anal probe about the legalities of the car.

For one put your P plates on, coz if you don't have em on that's another 3 points straight off ya license. You don't want your car ending up sittin in your driveway tempting you to drive while you're suspended again.

At the end of the day, keep a low profle and trouble won't find you. There's no such thing as bad luck, just the fortune you make for yourself.

Guest INASNT
got a car like that?

move states...

As said above, welcome to victoria, i suggest you relocate out of vic if you wish to keep your license and drive a nice car, or atleast until the nazi's are removed out of the vic government

Move? Love Vic. All the other states... "nice places to visit, but I would not want to live there"

Cops are not that bad in Vic. Even though I've been pulled over B4 in a Hungry Jacks drive through, goes like this...

Cop follows me for about 30 sec. on main road, I was out on my lunch break and was really going into HJ's for lunch so turned into drive through (cop probably thought I was trying to shrug him) Gets out and I ask what the problem was and he replys "these cars get stolen alot" (I had a turbo MX-6 fist gen. then) implying that I may of stolen the car. (I'm South African buy the way.. and a few shades darker than most... also was wearing beenie/ melbourne winters are cold and I have a shaved head!)

Anyway, does a check on registration. All good. Then askes if he could check the glove box etc... All good. I'm free to go. Did not have P's up also, but did not even mention it (was 23 at the time.. most 23 y/o people have the warm feeling of a full licence. Can you tell I'm a bit bitter about this P's bulls*$#)

Getting pulled over for ordering a Whopper (no traffic offence) gives me the shits, but I've got nothing to hide and being 100% honest is the only way to go. I think moving is a bit extreem. I appreciate feedback and will be very aware of the hazards, unwanted attention Skylines have as baggage. But I will see once car gets here how long I can take getting jacked or if it's really as bad as you guys say it is.

Cops are not that bad in Vic. Even though I've been pulled over B4 in a Hungry Jacks drive through, goes like this...

Cop follows me for about 30 sec. on main road, I was out on my lunch break and was really going into HJ's for lunch so turned into drive through (cop probably thought I was trying to shrug him) Gets out and I ask what the problem was and he replys "these cars get stolen alot" (I had a turbo MX-6 fist gen. then) implying that I may of stolen the car. (I'm South African buy the way.. and a few shades darker than most... also was wearing beenie/ melbourne winters are cold and I have a shaved head!)  

Anyway, does a check on registration. All good. Then askes if he could check the glove box etc... All good. I'm free to go. Did not have P's up also, but did not even mention it (was 23 at the time.. most 23 y/o people have the warm feeling of a full licence. Can you tell I'm a bit bitter about this P's bulls*$#)

Getting pulled over for ordering a Whopper (no traffic offence) gives me the shits, but I've got nothing to hide and being 100% honest is the only way to go. I think moving is a bit extreem. I appreciate feedback and will be very aware of the hazards, unwanted attention Skylines have as baggage. But I will see once car gets here how long I can take getting jacked or if it's really as bad as you guys say it is.

I don't understand why you mentioned the above unless it was to compliment how GOOD the police force is. you were breaking the law, he didnt book you, he checked if your car was stolen that is a GOOD thing, which if your GTR ever gets stolen im sure you'll realise. You say it gives you the shits, get over is all I can say, if a simple check like this shits you, then all i can say, is don't own or drive a car.

I've got pic's. Like I said in original post... new member and I'm not sure how to post pic's. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this.

I've got pic's. Like I said in original post... new member and I'm not sure how to post pic's. Can anyone give me some advice on how to do this.

login into the gallery area using your username & password.. from there add your pics.

As for your car..

Power To Weight: No problem, apply for an exemption from Vic Roads.

ADR/EPA Compliance: T78 in a GTR... > get an engineers report & you'll be sweet. Otherwise risk some anal probing, Piggy Style.

ALTERNATIVE: If you got a relo interstate, I think you can register the car there & the cops can't say boo. That's when you wave the mighty brid to 'em, and politely say ..."On your way Biyatch"

Hey man, how many times have you been pulled over for doing nothing? It was a crappy MX-6, last time you got pulled over did the cop ask you to have a look in the glove box? I thnik not. I'm not a winger, I don't feel sorry for myself, but I know when I've been pulled over by a red neck. You get over it!

I've lived in Melboure for 21 years, I just get upset when people stero-type me, I play fotty, I know all the words to the Australian antham. I love multicultural Melbourne and have never been unemployed. Live in my shoes and take the crap thown at you more times then required. Sorry this is getting out of hand and dont want to sound like a $2 preacher, wont be telling anymore "bad luck" past events.

Anyway, once my car get's to OZ I want to get it tuned and serviced straight away. Anyone know of a good tuning house in the eastern burbs? I have had advice to go to Hyper-Tech and Racepace Motorsport (both have good references). Can anyone give me some feedback if you have been to either of these places or name some other good (and economical) tuning houses around Melbourne.

Again, did not want this thread to go to where it went!