SAU Community

Warning Potential Carjackers

wild31

I thanked you for the warning and asked if you reported it..... I guess if I almost had my car stolen I would probably make a report and get an incident number, you know, because thats just what you do when your car almost gets jacked. You make a report, someone else makes a report, someone else and so on.

I am pretty sure I understand how it all works, but as soon as I mention gtr,25 yr old male, national park in the early morning, trying to mount my camera for incar footage, etc I think we all know how important this then becomes to the police, and the nearest cop shop, is about 5-10 mins before stanwell park, which is unmanned and has no one there after 8pm.

seems like there might be a few guys out there to flog a few cars for parts.. this year alone I've been followed a few times home and even had a white ford ute with vic plates and his headlights off chase me down fairfield and cut off my mate to make the same turn I did.. he clearly wanted something but I got away.. I was heading back from the gym and out of no where this ute comes flying out of fairfield RSL and turned his lights off. I locked my doors and pulled out the club lock incase anything went down, lucky the lights went green and I headed down railway pde.. first I stuck to the speed limit and he kept tailing gating me, changing lanes as I did.. then eventually decided to over take me and my mate (we were heading back from the gym.).. so I was like pretty suss and took a pretty hard right into Malabar St.. guess what he decided to do the same thing and nearly collected my mate in the same instant... after that I sped off and shook him off taking a few hard turns..

not sure what would have provoked that and I drive a pretty shit car.. a R33 GTS-t isn't worth stealing.. a Hyundai i30 is worth more.

yes I should have went to the cop shop and told them, but I doubt they would do anything and probably book me/defect me for doing so.

• Like 1

That's what I meant by, we all know what we go the national park for, IMO it's the safest way to use loud pedal a lil, like it or not. I do the speed limit the entire way there, and back again. But once in there I do get amongst it, I find night the best, apart from the odd dear,fox,and skippy. You can see if there's a on coming traffic by the lights even if there around the corner,. But yeah male, national park,GTR If the cops were involved, they would find some way to turn it back on me, as I'm a hoon, because I enjoy my car. And driving it late at night puts me in that class, the reason there were no cops around at all, is it was the night the went silly raiding,arresting bikies, and associates from there homes. Hmmmmmm

A fellow chemist was being followed on the M4. He drove his R35 straight to Penrith Police Stn and they just drove past. There's more to this story but I'd rather he tell it.

Now that's a scary situation to be in...

Its one thing to be tailgated by idiotic drivers but to be actively targeted by individuals intent on stealing your vehicle while you're driving is definitely a pants pooing moment.

I'm in the market for a GTR but after reading this I'll have to take into consideration this unexpected source of unwanted attention.

• Like 1

Invest in a quality alarm system that has a duress isolation system fitted.

If the worst happens; it gets them away from you; then safely shuts the car down when they are stopped somewhere inconvenient.

• Like 2

How was it flogging the gtr through the nato? Lol

Oh yeh lucky you got away from them

I've had a similar situation coming back from a friends house late one sat night

Lucky for me they were in a shit box and didn't take much to loose them

Still scary though

• Like 1

It is fluckin awesome, was a fairly regular pastime, since picking up my 2nd 32 gtr. As the other is under a very slow, I mean slow, rebuild. So not driving one for 8 months I couldn't help myself but to take off for a few hours, choose to go later at night/early morning as there is less cars in there, and you usually tell if there is a car coming In the other direction before the corners, which is very handy, when you want to use both lanes for that "maximum rebel" feeling knowing the might GOJIRA is spitting leafs up into the air like a scene from a movie. But yes to answer your question, it's awesome. I want to live in one of the houses at the start of it, and block each end off and get my money's worth of enjoyment, after paying rego,insurance, and a thirsty 32.

Sent from my iPad using SAU Community

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago on Parra Rd Auburn, 3 car loads of lebos tried to car jack me for R32 at 2am. Dickheads should have waited till they were right in the homemaker centre bit so I had no way out! Shook them off after afew side streets (old factory streets) & parked the GTR for 6 weeks.

A high quality alarm/immobiliser with anti carjacking is the go. They get 45 seconds down the road, it shuts down & your safe & on the phone to the law. These sort of alarms are not that expensive, I know. The question is, how much do you want to keep your car?