SAU Community

Rb25Det Neo Ffp ?

Heys Guys, Im New To SAU So Sorry If This Question Is In The Wrong Place.

I Was Wanting To Know If An RB25DET FFP will Bolt Straight Onto A RB25DET Neo ?

If Not What Needs To Be Done To Do So ?

Look Everywhere And There is A Lot Of Mixed Opinions

Thanks.

The answer is yes but no.

Most physical stuff lines up. But the IAC stuff is different, throttle bodies have significant differences (traction control) and so if you're talking about using it with a stock ECU, then you have some issues to overcome. If you're willing to change more stuff then it's doable.

For very little benefit though. You won't get much sympathy for wanting to fit an FFP to an RB here.

Nobody around here seems to like the ffp..

I also have a neo and put on a plazmaman ffp and throttle body, mostly for a tidier engine bay and easier access to plugs.

Can't say I can feel any performance difference ( don't have any before/after graphs) but I definitely don't regret it, ALOT tidier.

yeah im just trying to tidy it up a bit and i bet the filter would be a bit tricky with the ffp. @Blackbox - did you have to make many mods to the fuel rail and injectors ? and what did you do about Traction control ?

Nuh no modifications to fuel rail or injectors, although I am now putting on a plazmaman rail just because it looks better.

I used plazmaman throttle body too so got rod of traction control

Edited by BlackBox

Yeah ATM I am, just had to remove a fuel damper iirc .. Yeah it caused a check engine light but here is a guide here somewhere of where to put a resistor to make it go out, I haven't attempted that yet tho

Don't know why people are complaining about accessing the oil filter, In my case it's a piece of piss to access. Maybe the R32 strut tower isn't as close. Can't see the filter in this picture but look how much room there is there.

You can use a standard Neo rail on a FFP. The only reason that the Greddy style isn't advertised as a direct fit is because the AAC valve is a different shape, and also because you have to ditch traction control (no big loss anyway, learn to use your right foot)

post-84937-14049883589408_thumb.jpg

Don't know why people are complaining about accessing the oil filter, In my case it's a piece of piss to access. Maybe the R32 strut tower isn't as close. Can't see the filter in this picture but look how much room there is there.

You can use a standard Neo rail on a FFP. The only reason that the Greddy style isn't advertised as a direct fit is because the AAC valve is a different shape, and also because you have to ditch traction control (no big loss anyway, learn to use your right foot)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1404988356.136601.jpg

Same setup in my S15, can fit my whole arm down to the filter

You don't know why? Is that a Plazmaman plenum in your pics?

hmmm i remember how much skin and oil mess i made doing the GTR last oil change...its a bitch....hate it....its either change spark plugs and injectors easier or oil.....which one do you change more frequently..... if i want 1 million jiggy watts then i might go ffp...but for street...why change....also once you get good at removing your J pipe doing plugs is a breeze.

Yeah the 33 dosent have much space left over, but the filter relocation means less oil mess when changing filter.

Plus more new shiny things

How are oil filter changes? A Gibson style cross over pipe is a fark load cheaper and takes about 1 minute to remove when you change plugs.

It's a piece of piss getting to oil filter especially when u relocate and re route wires.. Tidies up the engine bay heaps and not that hard to fit.. I've got a r34 and have a greddy copy plenum made for a 33 and fitted it no worries just made a few things custom.. It's great for when your up or over 300kw :)

post-135284-1405057397151_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's a piece of piss getting to oil filter especially when u relocate and re route wires.. Tidies up the engine bay heaps and not that hard to fit.. I've got a r34 and have a greddy copy plenum made for a 33 and fitted it no worries just made a few things custom.. It's great for when your up or over 300kw :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1405057396.624777.jpg

Oh look, another NOT Plazmaman plenum...

How are oil filter changes? A Gibson style cross over pipe is a fark load cheaper and takes about 1 minute to remove when you change plugs.

What is this "Gibson style" cross over pipe of which you speak? Tried Googling but didn't find anything.