SAU Community

Stock Boost?

So when i bought my R32 GTS-T the guy told me he was only running stock boost, i had alot of questions for him and it slipped my mind to ask him how much stock boost is on the car.. Would anyone know? I've tryd to google it but it only comes up with GTR's. And how much boost is safe to run on a stock RB20DET engine? Is there any chance of me being able to wind it up abit with minimal supporting mods? Not talking 18 or anything.. But maybe 8-10? Thanks for once again putting up with one of my stupid threads. I'm getting there i swear! :wacko::D

Standard for R32/RB20 is 10psi

Can safely handle 20+psi in standard form (not with standard turbo obviously)

General consensus around here is 14psi is considered reasonably safe for standard turbo (could last days or years, no one can say)

To be slightly more specific, stock boost is 10 psi - that's what the wastegate actuator will give when everything else is stock.

Put on a big exhaust and the boost will probably go up a pound or so. Big intercooler with less pressure drop and you gain a bit more. It's easy enough to get to 12 psi on an RB20 without "changing" the boost setting.

Basic question: do you have a boost gauge? If not get at least a cheap second hand one. Are you are aiming at 8 - 10 psi because you are making less than that now? If so you have a problem! But If you want a few more psi than 10 you could buy or make a simple mechanical boost T.