SAU Community

Re Gass R33 Boot Struts Bne North

Lemo_R33

Hi, has anyone got their boot struts

Re gassed on brisbane north side?

If so did the struts/gas last, I've heard the seals leak and it's not worth regassing? Any one been here done this?

Thanks heaps.

#@Sick_R31 knows how to do it and where to get the shocks.

Yes, yes i do. 2 options

1. Buy new strut/hinges from nissan. pm me your chassis and model number so i can get the part numbers for you and the cheapest place to get them from
  2. Fit aftermarket struts. Probably the cheaper option as new struts should be around the $30 mark each.
  • Like 1

Sick_R31: I really need some new shocks for my R33 to hold the GTR wing and boot up. Do these aftermarket shocks come with the brackets? I've looked into the genuine ones but they are about $100 or so each

Let me know if you can help :)

Sick_R31: I really need some new shocks for my R33 to hold the GTR wing and boot up. Do these aftermarket shocks come with the brackets? I've looked into the genuine ones but they are about $100 or so each

I don't remember the exact fitting method but I know they don't come with the brackets. You drill out the upper mount of the factory strut and the new one screws in through that hole.

Crazy! I was about to make a new thread and found this started yesterday when my boot decided to split my head open!

I am around Hendra and keen to get the maniacal boot fixed before it breaks my neck! I was putting groceries in the boot and the back end was on a slight decline...BAM! Stabbed in the back of my head for the first time by the car I have owned since January 1998

I am lazy(too busy) and would just like to replace the genuine ones with the like kind.

GTS-T R33 Coupe - July 94 build

I am lazy(too busy) and would just like to replace the genuine ones with the like kind.

GTS-T R33 Coupe - July 94 build

I need the chassis and model number, fast lists 8 different part numbers

The aftermarket ones don't come with brackets, minor modification is required to fit them.

Genuine ones are $118 each plus postage through http://www.amayama.com

Am I the only person with original boot struts that still work?

They work right up until your boot decides to go all guillotine on your head

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only person with original boot struts that still work?

Mine work just fine thank you!!! As long as I am on a flat surface or I reverse in my driveway that has an inclination of about 15 degrees LOL

Bitch has turned into a Guillotine on a declining angle!

Does anyone know how to get the bottom ball out of the strut? I cant get the thing out

What have people done?

Have them measured up but was really hoping to get a photo of the strut out to send away.