SAU Community

R33 GTR for under $40,000.... Can it be done?

HeathGTST

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not likely that i will be asking to run 95 octane in my car when u consider I pay near $8.00 per liter for fuel for my race car. The only reason I have to budget for my car is because I have to look at insurance costs aswell... Plus this is only a road car so I dont need anything that will be ultra fast.... After all my Formula 3 does 0-100kmh in 2.8 seconds so I dont quite think a GTR will supply me with the same thrill in terms of speed

Do you like the R32 GTR? Your $35k would get a very, very, very nice GTR.. and depending on personal opinion (and it's a close battle) I still think that the R32 is a better buy and better looking, between 32 and 33. R34 is king obviously. (you have to spend more bucks to get the R33 looking sexy)

You could even save some of your cash and spend - $28k - $30k (still getting a top R32) keep some spare for a nice set of rims, performance upg's or just save it!

I still think that the R32 is better looking, between 32 and 33. (you have to spend more bucks to get the R33 looking sexy)

:werd:

33GTRs look too bulbous.

i think that you should get a 34gtt and make it look sex

Guest two.06l
Do you like the R32 GTR? Your $35k would get a very, very, very nice GTR.. and depending on personal opinion (and it's a close battle) I still think that the R32 is a better buy and better looking, between 32 and 33. R34 is king obviously. (you have to spend more bucks to get the R33 looking sexy)

You could even save some of your cash and spend - $28k - $30k (still getting a top R32) keep some spare for a nice set of rims, performance upg's or just save it!

i agree r33 gtrs look like fat camrys

cant go wrong .. the r33gtr .. is the fatter more weighted r32 .. in my eye ... even on stock boost and a really good cooler .. they just pull so so much torque... if u get em tuned right .. i've seen and been in a r33 gtrand when dyno'd and tuned was pulling 1234nm of torque and 184kw at the wheels .. there just rapid ...more weight isn;t really a bad thing in comparison to the r32 gtr ...u gotta get the power and torque down somehow

33 GTR's are the way to go... you get performance, supercar status and looks ain't that bad - i still get plenty of looks. If anyone is hung up about looks then spend the same amount on an r34gtt - but i tell you from experience my swap to a series 3 GTR is well worth it.

I havent seen or know the car but a melbourne user calvantys is selling an r33 gtr for $38k on the forums at present. Doesn't appear to be heavily modded, might be worth a look.

Haevy mod ....... well you guys going to be supprice if you have a look at my car, Yes i have listed alot of aftermarket parts but most of them is not even install on my car yet. Example my gear box haven been open before, look at the screw and you will know but i have a twin plate clucth.;)

Parts that are not install on my car but goes in a packet of my car is

Nismo Injector

Twin T618Z turbo (does not include in the packet)

Trust Piston (does not include in the packet)

Oil cooler

Power FC

Boost controller

and list goes on but my car is still stock on exhaust and Filter are currenly on else standard.

Just be careful even if you manage to pick up a GT-R for under 40k, it still has the running costs of a 130k motor car.

I have seen quite a few GT-R's under 40k. Majority of them have had some sort of accident history.

The servicing costs isn't bad but its more if something goes wrong. Engine Rebuilds, Gearboxes.. yikes!!.

Make sure you get it checked out and even go further by getting a 2nd opinion.

Try and get a GT-R where the Instrument cluster is original. All Clusters that have been modified are most likely non-original kms.