SAU Community

Speed Trials! 0-300klm/h tests!

Hi all. I'm floating an idea I've been thinking about for some time now. Forgive me if it's been discussed before, but if we get enough interested and serious people together we can make a weekend of this!

Most of you probably read about these so-called "Supercars" in the big published magazines as much as I do. The accepted acceleration performance measurements used to be 0-100klm/h and standing 400metres. As cars get faster, these seem less often used, and standing kilometre, 0-200klm/h, and 0-300klm/h times/speeds are more common.

Before I go too far with it, some questions!

1) How many of you would be seriously interested in comparing the performance of your car against the likes of F1 Mclaren, Enzo, etc, under controlled conditions?

2) How much would you expect the entry fee to be?

3) How far would you travel to be involved?

4) How many attempts would you expect to get your best times?

5) If outrageous insurance costs didn't allow owner/drivers, would you allow a professional driver to drive in your place?

If enough serious interest is gauged, I'll take it to the next step!

:) Ben.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there.

In order to do these tests, you would need a very very long piece of road.

The Wheels PCOTY tests are done at Avalon starting from the taxiing lanes and floored from there.

It would be more a case of finding the right bit of blacktop than anything else.

BASS OUT

Hey there.

In order to do these tests, you would need a very very long piece of road.

The Wheels PCOTY tests are done at Avalon starting from the taxiing lanes and floored from there.

It would be more a case of finding the right bit of blacktop than anything else.

BASS OUT

Of coarse these are all considerations. Of coarse you need a car CAPABLE of 300klm/h! There aren't that many around!

I would suggest that maybe (this is just a thought) that entry would require an official quarter mile time slip of 12.5 sec or better?("Supercar" class)? This would at least give the car a chance of completing the tests in the available room.

:D

I actually have some clips of skylines in japan doing this test. Its absolutely amazing. The veilside R32 GTR gets to 300km/h in 13.72 seconds and thats even with a mistake changing from 2nd to 3rd gear!!! :uh-huh: . I got them from www.exvitermini.com quiet a while ago. Not sure whether they are still on the site but its worth a look!

wow this is a great idea, but i cant see it working with all the crazy laws/regulations/insurance/hooning laws etc in place

I would attend, im fairly sure anyone whos ever been to Autosalon/Drag Combat/Jamboree... would attend if you advertised it good

HKS have an entry on that site. Dunno if it were their drag car or not, but it ran the 0-300 in 17.64 seconds. Now their drag car runs 181mph, which is 289kmh in 7.67 seconds.

why isn't this thing leading the fastest times 0 - 300kmh by 4 or so seconds? Surely a change of gear ratio wouldnt be too difficult and have them take another trophy to their name??

I actually have some clips of skylines in japan doing this test. Its absolutely amazing. The veilside R32 GTR gets to 300km/h in 13.72 seconds and thats even with a mistake changing from 2nd to 3rd gear!!! :uh-huh: .  I got them from www.exvitermini.com quiet a while ago. Not sure whether they are still on the site but its worth a look!

last i heard this car now does 0-300 in 13.0 :)

I would travel within capital city to use it

I would pay about $150 per run, although my car is limited to 230km/h

I would not let someone else drive it unless it was a dyno

Would only expect one run as it is not a tuning run it would put a huge stress on the car

I'd be interested if someone wants to organise it....

Dave, I am already in the process of orgainising a day for later this year with Kev and Scott from Driver Dynamics at Avalon. You were already going to be coming. We have just got a couple of technical hitches that have to be ironed out.