SAU Community

Leewah's trip to Japan (Dialup Warning)

Leewah

Finally here are some of the photos which I took while on my 3 week romp through Japan.

Taken from the Crystal workshop in Chiba

crystal.JPG

BBSStand.JPG

expensiveRim.JPG

expensiveRim23Inch.JPG

raysStand.JPG

volkGold.JPG

Some doorift shop in Yokohama

driftCars.JPG

driftChaser.JPG

drift180.JPG

drift180Rear.JPG

A mad ass Hummer from Hiroshima

HiroshimaHummer.JPG

A taxi carpark in Kyoto

taxis.JPG

Not all people in Japan drive Skylines, Supras or Sylvias. This is the most common type of car you'll see there

typicalJapanCars.JPG

Here is some outrageously priced fruit. This price is roughly AU$400.00!!!!! That's an expensive set of melons :)

expensiveFruit.JPG

This is a warning sign which I found amusing at a sulphuric volcano near Hakone. Needless to say, we didn't stay very long but the view from there was amazing, especially seeing Mt Fuji. Fuji truely is a big mutherfarker!!

sulphurWarning.JPG

Here are some photos I took while at Tommy Kiara.

A Tommy 350Z

tk350z.JPG

tk350zBrake.JPG

tk350zrear.JPG

A Tommy Subi B4

tkb4.JPG

tkb42.JPG

A Tommy Subi B6

tkb6.JPG

tkb62.JPG

tkb63.JPG

They even do a March!!

tkImpulMarch2.JPG

tkImpulMarch.JPG

This is the car I want!! A Garaya!!

tkGaraya.JPG

tkGarayaRear.JPG

tkGarayaInside.JPG

tkGarayaDash.JPG

A WRX with minor mods for sale...

tkWRX.JPG

tkWRXBrakes.JPG

tkWRXSpecs.JPG

Top Secrect anyone?? Based in Chiba, their workshop is just off the main road about 10 mins by taxi from a train station. This 10 min ride also cost me 2500yen (bout AU$33).

topSecretFront.JPG

topSecretGarage.JPG

This is a customers R34 GTR with all the trimmings. This is his daily driver and pulled 495awkw on pump gas. I was told that if the customer was happy with this car, he was gonna get Top Secret to build him a low 8 sec drag car.

topSecretCustomerGTR.JPG

topSecretCustomerGTREngine.JPG

topSecretCustomerGTREngine2.JPG

Another customer car. Apparently running twin TD06-25Gs and NOS. Should be making around the 600rwkw mark without stupid amounts of boost.

topSecretCustomerSupra.JPG

A customer's brand new G35 Skyline Coupe getting ready for a TT setup

topSecretCustomerV35Skyline.JPG

Here are some Top Secret customer cars which are for sale, not including their own R33GTR

topSecretCarsForSale.JPG

Some of Top Secret's own cars. Good luck getting into the garage. As soon as Nagata saw me, he looked like he was going to go postal until I told him I was from Oz and showed him my mag artical and dyno chart. From then on, we got along just fine :D

topSecretCars.JPG

topSecretCars2.JPG

topSecret350ZEngine.JPG

topSecret350ZRear.JPG

topSecretR33GTR.JPG

topSecretR33GTR2.JPG

Top Secret R34 GTRs

topSecretGTR.JPG

topSecret2.JPG

topSecretGTRWheel.JPG

topSecretGTRCabin.JPG

And the piece de resistance....The RB powered Supra with a T78 turbo setup which I had the pleasure of going for a brief ride in with Nagata San. Unfortunately it was a wet day out there and the highway had 3 of the 4 lanes closed so we ended up buring up the rubber on a couple side streets and down the main road in Chiba. Plenty of power and nice spooling. You don't really notice the "lightspeed" kind of pull you get in my car, but I guess it's hard to feel that when the car is simply spinning the rears at 150km/h and smoke it pouring out the back.

topSecretSupra.JPG

topSecretSupra2.JPG

topSecretSupra3.JPG

Finally, here is a photo of myself and Shibuki san, Director of Top Secret.

meAndShibuki.JPG

next time i see u im going to kick u in the nuts just to try and make myself feel better.... :)

btw it kaira not kiara.... pfft :D

man the amount of people i would kill for anyone of those cars..... shit... even the march haha

leewah damn ur lucky man...i'd love to go visit those shops one day man..i went to japan on a world tour but didnt get to do much there in like visiting car places was spewing hehe...maybe one day...:) looks like u had the time of ur life hehee

That's awesome.. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :) I'd love to visit the big name Japanese performance tuning garages too... Top Secret, JUN, Nismo factory, etc.. mmm *proud to own a japanese import*

Very nice Dave!!

Was it your first time in japan?

Hey Denham,

Yeah it was my first time there, but be assured it ain't gonna be the last time.

I WANNA LIVE IN JAPAN!!!!