SAU Community

cars for sale

reni

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Japan a couple of months back and helped buy two 89 GTR's. They are both Grade 4 with the paperwork etc to prove it. We must have looked at 200 cars before buying these two. Sure there are some cheap cars no doubt. But until you are actually there on the ground looking at them, it is not possible to really say what is good and what is not. We went to a "holding" yard in Saitama where there was thirty or forty GTR's. Mostly charcoal, all cheap, but !!!! And when push comes to shove its a lot easier to pick and choose here in Oz!!! There is an old saying which I think rings true in this discussion. Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten.

It really just comes down to people buying them.. if people are paying what is asked, then the prices will stay the same. In my opinion this is a little high for a 1989 GTR, when all other years will soon be available. If I was after one, I'd still be going for a newer one.. and in a few years when i do get around to buying one I'd still pay $30k for a good one.

People will only pay what they are think they are worth. If you were selling one and got $30k for a 1989 GTR then I guess you'd be happy. I think people are just a little miffed with people trying to make a few bucks over them. If you are, then go import one yourself and take the risk. Or don't buy one at all - simple.

Like you are saying relicr31.. its piece of mind to be able to look yourself. Paying somebody to physically inspect them and pick one out is worthwhile, even if it costs you a couple of $k more. Or paying a few $k more to inspect and be able to drive the car here. If its a crap car the only person who is going to lose out is going to be the seller, stuck with a car(s) that they can't sell. Or going through all that time and effort and only getting a tiny profit.

the two cars i mentioned are tucked up in bed in nippon. They will have been sitting there for ten months before they can leave. We are offering ppl a paid trip to japan to inspect and have a bit of holiday as well. One car still has shaken so can even be driven. The amount of pissing about required demands that people make something out of the deal, why would you bother otherwise.

any 300ZX's .....do u have a website

300ZX (z32) cant be complied unless they fall under the 15 year old exemption rule. I have heaps of GTRs and GTSTs in stock either stocko, mild tune or hard tune. I also have direct links to tuning houses such as 'MINES', 'VEILSIDE' and 'TOP SECRET' OVEREV IMPORTS

i Think, personally... and a little biasly importing is a huge risk and should therefore deserve a payoff.. Whoever was saying people are charging too much for their 1989 gtrs please think about what your saying... youre saying they should not be rewarded for waiting months and months risking $1000s and $1000s and overall doing the hard work to either score themselves a nice gtr or a nice bit of money in the back pocket.. i have purchased a gtr and import approval papers were sent today.... this car has cost me around 830k Yen or in feb when i brought this thing $10100... I have waited 6 mths for this... do i not deserve $25000 for this car once i hvae it here and registered? personally i think ill be keeping it anyway ... and Gtrs like a few others have said wont be going down in price anymore... they will stabilise at around $25000 for a clean one and $30000 for a immaculate one... its hard to find ones to import nowadays for under $18000 for decent ones.... and then those ppl deserve a few extra $1000 so i say $23-4 registered .... would be right price.... i migth of talked abit of shit here... but importing is a risk and if you take you deserve a pay off...

• 4 weeks later...