SAU Community

Hi Mount Manifold.

lcxu105

I have thought of that but not keen on the idea. Don't get me wrong each to their own. But the whole idea of gas flow is not to create turbulence. Regardless of how it's done it will cause some sort of turbulence. Besides I don't think I will have the room under the bonnet.

• 2 months later...

Well finally got of my backside and finished the manifold. Now it's off to the sandblasters then coating and machine mating faces. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions let me know. My wastegate is off the rear houseing to a 45mm turbosmart gate. Let me know your thoughts.

post-96233-0-02030700-1425718067_thumb.jpg

post-96233-0-83869000-1425718093_thumb.jpg

post-96233-0-72323700-1425718120_thumb.jpg

post-96233-0-67344900-1425718138_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate, wish my welding was to that standard.

I have thought of that but not keen on the idea. Don't get me wrong each to their own. But the whole idea of gas flow is not to create turbulence. Regardless of how it's done it will cause some sort of turbulence. Besides I don't think I will have the room under the bonnet.

My wastegate is off the rear houseing to a 45mm turbosmart gate. Let me know your thoughts.

Changed your mind about the wastegate being positioned on the turbo?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How have you sealed your v band clamp. Mine was leaking so I smeared copper max gasket silicon around the join and filled the v band clamp with silicon and placed it on let it set for 1 hour as recommended and tighten the clamp. Then found out that the wastegate was leaking too so have done the same thing.

How have you sealed your v band clamp. Mine was leaking so I smeared copper max gasket silicon around the join and filled the v band clamp with silicon and placed it on let it set for 1 hour as recommended and tighten the clamp. Then found out that the wastegate was leaking too so have done the same thing.

Can't believe how much the sound of the car has changed with the new exhaust manifold and dump. Rest of the exhaust system is the same. Hope the tuner can alter the sound abit. Sounds like a rotor when I rev it. Running on all cylinders but very rich.

• 1 year later...