SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started getting new bits ready for paint - only the wing needs painting. The rest will stay as it is for now but I'll also get the bonnet painted at the same time. I've been looking for S2 Sedan foggies for a long time and have been struggling to find a genuine wing at a reasonable price too. The bloke put these up for sale tonight and within 2 hours I was driving to "the Gong" to get them.

I drove my 33 down and it was a struggle to get it in the car resulting in us driving for two hours with the windows down haha :)  

I won't be able to get some time off work for a few weeks so I had to wrap up the corners of the wing and then wrap the carbon fibre wing blade too. 

E94FD1DF-9C14-4E99-AACB-200A012CEC3D_zps
B6F22CF9-CA77-44F1-A9AB-D2A45CC885C1_zps
690DDAD2-B9B6-4AF4-B61A-AD5E5ED9D33B_zps
434932A4-E1E7-466E-9EA0-EFC63D967C4F_zps
301DE7E3-9444-4D76-B911-8B8787764B5A_zps

5 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

Did you end up getting a genuine wing?

Foggies look pretty sweet.

Hahaha yeah after years of Ev's abuse I got a genuine wing. 
Goes in for paint very soon but first I need to order a lip from your work so expect to see me this Saturday :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingtube69 said:

Hahaha yeah after years of Ev's abuse I got a genuine wing. 
Goes in for paint very soon but first I need to order a lip from your work so expect to see me this Saturday :) 

I'm here Saturday. What lip do you want?

7 minutes ago, kingtube69 said:

Cheers mate, do you know of any feedback from anyone with the same lip?

I haven't sold one since I've been here but other fiberglass items seem to be pretty good fitment wise. 

I checked the lip out. Should be all sweet.

• 4 weeks later...

Had to get a new battery today, the old one is absolutely rooted despite being a yellow top. I've had it in all of my cars over about 7 years.
Swapped with a UHD one from Supershit as that's all I had access to and it was genuinely well priced.

I also bought a new amp today and rearranged my boot to tidy things up.

No pics for now but paint is coming in a few days :D

• Like 1

Fitted the lip

FC521F25-6778-4789-AD30-8BA532B50D69_zps

Borked battery terminal

223D8A0A-F2BF-4AF3-9594-A332D10F933B_zps

I've decided to hold off getting the paint done for now - I'll keep saving and get it done properly (not that it wasn't going to be done proper, just cheap I guess)

List of stuff I have either ordered or will order in the coming days:
Subframe bushes
Diff Bushes 1 (rear)
Diff bushes 2 (front)
Subframe - Will rebuild this one while the other one stays in the car so I can drive it 
Rear camber kit
Front camber kit
Hicas Elimination
Pilot Sport 3s for the current wheels or new rims

Thats about it for now though - Slowly ordering and collecting parts to get the handling up to par to match the coilovers :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Long time no update - Plans sort of went downhill because I'm going on holiday next year so all of my money needs to go to that. 

In the interim I have done a few small cheap mods or maintenance items. It looks like my fuel pressure gauge may be stuffed - It's reading lower than it should or not at all. I know it's not a fuel issue because the car runs fine - Ordered new gauge which should be here this week. Sporadic idling is getting worse so I ordered some gaskets to replace the TB and IACV ones while I'm in there cleaning them. 

The big news is that I worked with GCG to get a clevis made up to suit the turbosmart actuator I had sitting here and the Hypergear ATR45SAT turbo I have. Boost control is significantly improved now. I put the actuator in, turned the duty down a bit and instantly hit boost cut in second gear (whoops!). I ended up having a friend drive it while I setup the controller and am happy to report the boost controller is set to half of what it was before and happily makes full boost in every gear but first (almost full boost)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2016 at 9:30 AM, jmknights93 said:

Nice! Are you still using the Apexi AVC-R boost controller? I miss mine now that it's gone :(

Also, what gauge are you running again? Inline?

Yep, Still AVCR but hoping to get the boost mapped by the ECU soon. What controller are you running in the GTR???

-----------

Update 26/01/2017

I recently purchased a bunch of parts from eBay, Kudos and JustJap to replace the failing suspension arms and joints in my car. They all recently arrived- Hicas elimination, Front Caster arms, Rear camber arms, Genuine tie rod ends, oil filters, sump plug etc

Today I installed the caster arms and the tie rod ends - I've included some pics below, you can see how bad the tie rod ends were from a mile away, not only that but I could feel them under hard turning - They were also completely spent of grease and loose inside their joint 

The Hicas elimination will go in over the next few days as well as the camber arms then new tires and a decent alignment 

207B2B70-44BD-4E4E-A741-D8E08E0BA8EA_zps

B05FE4CD-B6DD-40F2-9990-382F53E79B89_zps

9D688270-028E-418E-89AC-EFD85425F959_zps

7871DA14-CE38-4028-B700-39F688595248_zps

55008EDB-5BB1-46EC-9E31-C1EB299F44FC_zps

9F9D1B49-503D-4013-A5C0-D881B262E89B_zps

93C924B4-0400-4017-A84E-89C5EDEC9AB8_zps

EC529E66-FBAB-4F98-BD03-70A44267371C_zps

9 hours ago, kingtube69 said:

Yep, Still AVCR but hoping to get the boost mapped by the ECU soon. What controller are you running in the GTR???

I'm running the HKS EVC-V in the GTR. Pretty good boost controller with lots of functions. I've carefully place it specifically in a spot where it doesn't interfere with any other gauges. Thoughts?

http://justjap.com/hks-evc-v-electronic-boost-controller.html

R32 GTR (6) (Resized).jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 9:57 AM, jmknights93 said:

I'm running the HKS EVC-V in the GTR. Pretty good boost controller with lots of functions. I've carefully place it specifically in a spot where it doesn't interfere with any other gauges. Thoughts?

http://justjap.com/hks-evc-v-electronic-boost-controller.html

R32 GTR (6) (Resized).jpg

So stealth that I didn't even notice it there :D

----------

An update regarding the suspension work, I haven't had a chance to remove the hicas yet because I wanted to drive it this weekend and removing the hicas means I probably shouldn't drive it without an alignment.

I did however take it for a drive tonight to Woolongong Lighthouse which meant travelling on some sh!t road surfaces - Happy to report that I no longer have incredible bump steer and the car is much more direct in its steering feel -  guess the flogged out tie rod ends were a big contributor to this. 

Ordered a ball joint press off eBay which should come this week, I still haven't decided if I'll use that or just take it to a mates shop and press them out of the knuckles.If they will let me use the hoist for a few hours I'll just do it there else I will do it at home. 

I'll share some pics when I decide what to do and finally pull the hicas out. I'm interested to see the results after I remove it considering all of the ball joints for it are flogged out and knocking. 

Can anyone comment on adjustable traction arms? Are they worth the money?

• Like 1