SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

So just stick with OEM bush? Feel any difference so far and how much it set you back?

I personally just stuck with it after an hour of messing around - Definitely feels better and only cost a few bucks from Kudos

You had trouble with the bush? I put one in Chrissy's car a few months ago with no issue. Have you spoken to GKTech about that yet?

Yep, Wouldn't seat low enough chucked a brand new OEM one in and it slipped right in and seated as expected. Might try again another day but the stock one is fine.

FWIW I have nothing personal against GKTech and they have been very helpful with this - I have contacted them now

Edited by kingtube69

Car looks good man, should really fix that gutter rash though

Thanks Michael! I have my eyes on some new wheels so I might not need to fix the gutter rash ;)

BTW Link foe the bushing - It will change soon because I fat fingered the title

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/465322-diy-how-to-change-r33-s-hifter-bush/

Ahhh. I've had those Skyline stickers on my Watch List on eBay for a while now. Quality seems good?

Yep - Good quality stuff, better than some of the other eBay junk I've bought.

much jellies.. your boat sah clean!!! :wub:

I've own mine for 4 years, has been properly washed twice LOL. Usually gets a hosing or a $2 job at Car Lovers.

Thanks Johnny! It gets washed meticulously, the paint bothers me on the bonnet but it will get fixed after I get new suspension. Hose is as fine, as long as you wash all the salty sea water off them :P

I've been with Jacob on a car cleaning products spree. Some quality products go into keeping the paint fresh on his boat & mine clean hahaha.

PQs0BG7.jpg

Wow that was a long time ago!

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/06/2016 at 3:08 PM, jmknights93 said:

10 points if you guess what shirt I have on haha.

No idea?

----------------

Update - Installed gas bonnet struts tonight. Cheap and easy!

IMG_3360_zpsm3b2uhlm.jpgIMG_3364_zpsrrn7chfq.jpg

Car looks a bit grubby because of the crap Sydney weather as of late. 

Will post another update on Friday when some more parts arrive

Update - Been holding off on telling anyone about this until they arrived. 

Ordered these last week 

F85C9CB0-9030-4EBB-B916-E7150AA1D7A4_zps
77196A27-1B0E-4446-9F3C-C8206C147A16_zps

MCA X-R series with springs to suit my needs - I also got the adjustable extenders for the rear parcel shelf . Will be spending this evening installing them then will go for an alignment next weekend.

I couldn't wait until the weekend so I changed the suspension as soon as I got home from work. Simple task but I spent a lot of time making it right, double checking, torquing to spec etc. 

New coils being unboxed - I contemplated getting them with the "Stealth" option but they look way too nice to do that to them.
IMG_3412_zps6snhmhv2.jpg

Old cruddy coils, rusted, knocking, the helper spring collapses under weight
IMG_3415_zpswp0dbpro.jpg
IMG_3430_zpsnbopwh8x.jpg
IMG_3428_zpsgb2susai.jpg

IMG_3417_zpsu1bybmgw.jpg

Shiny!
IMG_3421_zpsu1ccu0cw.jpg
IMG_3424_zps5nhw5fac.jpg

Initial thoughts are that at the recommended damper settings they are about as maybe less stiff than the old coils. They feel great through  the corners, I can feel an increase in grip and most importantly, no knocking! Went for a little run to Springwood and Mitchell's Pass when I completed the install. 

I'll book an alignment next week and get some other parts installed too at the same time. My hicas joints are well and truly busted now and need to be replaced - I'm still considering the elimination kit also

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a read over the whole thread, I ended up purchasing a ATR45SAT - Ball Bearing version from Tao.
Did you end up sorting out the whole boost issue and lag? 

I saw in the thread that you found a few things, but never saw you say that it's completely fixed.
Also how was the install of the turbo, did you do it yourself? 

I'm going to be installing it this weekend and I'm a little concerned about the fitting of the stock coolant hoses etc.
I had issues with them last time I installed a hypergear into my R33.

7 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

@Manuel Kasko buy braided aftermarket water hoses from Kando/Kingugawa for the stock R33/34 GTS-t turbo.. they fit perfectly and you don't need to spend 10 hours trying to align the hard lines to your turbo. You'll thank me later :)

Yeah I spent hours last time with my R33 hypergear turbo, but time has run out and the install is happening this weekend.
Haven't got the time to be able to get them for this weekend :(

Fingers crossed 

• 2 weeks later...

Just replied to your inbox about the turbo Dan -

---------------------------------------------

Update-ish
I have been driving the car and enjoying it lately - With that being said, I went to the wet pan at Eastern Creek and had some LEGAL fun last weekend. Car feels night and day different with the new coilovers. Gave the car a full service this weekend (it doesn't get driven much at all) including the diff fluids. The fluid that came out was absolutely cooked, smelt superbad and was very dark in colour. Since doing this I also noticed that the diff no longer clunks and carries on which is awesome!

Anywho - Videos! They are a bit dark unfortunately