SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

Forgot to add - My new plates are in the picture above. Got them for Christmas from the fam.

Spoke to the mechanic today, Starter motor is getting changed as the current one is noisy as suspected. I'm hoping I can go pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday. As mentioned, I have a decent size list of stuff to get done but it should be all better by the time it gets back.

It feels like the night before Christmas for me now.

Stay tuned, next update will be in when I get it back and can finally drive it again.

• Like 1

Guess who's back, back again... Skyline's back... tell a friend.......

8C65DF3A-0C95-4D90-8051-6B954C70ACAC_zps

C38A1D11-D25C-4542-AE32-38D1238C99F7_zps

I got a bit extra done while it was there as mentioned, starter got changed, power steering flush, some other small things. The mechanic that worked on the car explained what happened - When I installed everything I didn't lube it all up enough (mmmm moist ;)) so it went dry and metal to metal happened causing it to seize up apparently. All is well now, even had them helicoil the threaded captive nut for the x member which was like that before I even got the car meaning no more annoying rattle under load.

• Like 2

Nice thread m8.

When are you going to pull your finger out and go e85?

Have enquired about a new front mount & FFP ?

I'd really like to get the body and coilovers sorted out first before I go E85 and FFP

I'm on holidays now also so I'm going to see some people about getting a FMIC engineered, maybe stop in at JEM and see what they say about it.

I have taken the car out a few times recently and I'm loving it. It's much faster than I remember - highway pulls to 110 going towards Penrith is always great.

Stay tuned for some updates while I'm on holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Still crickets with this - Rego is due soon so I'm putting all my money towards it.

Drove this up the coast and racked up about 800 KMS over the long weekend and it drove super well.

I'll order some small maintenance items this week and post pics/progress when it gets here.

Nice transformation, main reason your tyres were so flogged is because of your worn out hicas crap, once you get that hicas eliminator on you'll get better control of the car and also less tyre wear.

Are you running a proper mechanical diff? If not add that to the list lol

Nice transformation, main reason your tyres were so flogged is because of your worn out hicas crap, once you get that hicas eliminator on you'll get better control of the car and also less tyre wear.

Are you running a proper mechanical diff? If not add that to the list lol

Thanks! Hicas elim is definitely coming but I'm not sure how to go about it - buy a press and DIY? Take out hubs and take it to a shop to get pressed out? buy used hubs and have them taken to a shop and pressed out? any help/ideas/tips?

As for the diff, i definitely need a new one... This one is factory and garbage :O

I haz guide on trak-life.com brah!!!

Angle grind, then press out

I stalk the shit out of your site and I don't recall seeing that *goes on now and revokes previous question*

TY

I haz guide on trak-life.com brah!!!

Angle grind, then press out

OMG! Awesome. Heaps easy BUT a question - Where did you get the ball joint remover setup thingy from for pressing it out?

EDIT: which kit did you get? TAS Auto one off eGay or what?

Edited by kingtube69

OMG! Awesome. Heaps easy BUT a question - Where did you get the ball joint remover setup thingy from for pressing it out?

EDIT: which kit did you get? TAS Auto one off eGay or what?

To separate the tie rod and the ball joint?

"normally" I would use a ball joint separator, but in this instance (because I wasn't planning on re using anything) a chisel a mallet came out hahaha

The ball joint press was a eChina kit from eGay, $60 delivered I believe.

I got the TAS kit, which is probably just eChina lol

To separate the tie rod and the ball joint?

"normally" I would use a ball joint separator, but in this instance (because I wasn't planning on re using anything) a chisel a mallet came out hahaha

The ball joint press was a eChina kit from eGay, $60 delivered I believe.

I got the TAS kit, which is probably just eChina lol

Lol I meant the ball joint press - Didn't realise it was that simple. Tas kit looks fine but from eGay there is a few nuts and bolts/washers that i have NFI where they go from the looks of it. Is there any specific info on what goes where?

i.e. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Total-Hicas-Eliminator-Kit-For-Nissan-S13-S14-S15-R32-R33-R34-Z32-Skyline-200sx-/131671639930?hash=item1ea83dc77a:g:URgAAOSw9N1VzBxL

the bolts and washers at the bottom of this pic

Thanks again!

------------------

Changed the plugs yesterday, they were pretty soiled. I took the car out for a good mountain run the other day and it was misfiring a bit. While changing the plugs we broke one of the clips for the coilpack loom so I ordered a Wiring Specialities pro kit due to arrive this week sometime.

I was planning on ordering it directly from WS but they were over $200 once converted to AUD. Bought it off a reseller on eBay for way cheaper :D

Pics when it arrives

the 2nd set of bolts/nuts will go through the subframe to give the bracket rigidity.. if it was only 1x per side it will move all over the place.

Makes sense, Didn't see them in the TL thread.

Can I be a pain in the ass and get you to take some more pics for me of yours please?

No dramas man, I'll snap some up this weekend when I have time.

Will be a little busy, but I should be able to.

When you have time - No stress I won't be ordering mine for a little while anyway because I want to do it when I go coilovers (tax time)

----------------

Coilpack loom came the other day - I really like it but one of the coilpack wires is a fraction short so the wire is bent more than I like.

Pics

F415F8B8-FB9F-485D-AF0B-9BCBF8FA7878_zps

Ahh shit and I forgot :(

Also car is at the fab shop for some sexing up lol

No stress, It will be around tax time anyway so it will be a while. Just curious anyway.

Whats happening to your car? :O

:(

Much sads, merging the screamer back into the exhaust system and getting a 3.5" dump pipe because broscience says 3" isn't big enough lol

Why screamer back to exhaust????

--------------

Update:

Did a few things to make the car more police friendly considering they have had a defect station for three days running now two suburbs away from where I live. Went driving last night and put the stock airbox back on as I didn't have a pod enclosure that changed today. I also painted the metal intake pipe black as it was just raw aluminium, painted the J pipe same black as the intake pipe, put coilpack cover back on and also made a heat shield for the turbo.

Used this stuff for the heat shield - It's surprisingly easy to cut and bend to shape.

62B80F6D-10C0-4471-B16E-15D2EF2A21C5_zps

This is the process of creating the shield

29028561-73B8-460D-AE30-9AE66E0D357F_zps

E081C2EB-0C28-4D74-B8EF-627183E3301A_zps

498A2FEC-8639-4757-A3D8-F98F0478FB33_zps

307014DC-3B11-4BE7-9F61-FAF8B4994493_zps

When I was working on the pod cover I made about 4 different templates until I was happy. It came out awesome and the duplicolour high temp paint I used finished it off nicely. Not sure how legal it is but we will find out. I need to make a small bar to secure the pod to the car as that's apparently a defect too

104F08D0-3AC6-4900-8D87-6400CF314206_zps

189F73BF-C931-45FA-86BD-E813AEFB0C00_zps

29C687D9-D428-40CA-A7D2-BF084AB20A59_zps

1F01DF2D-444F-444F-A032-FD8241B9F79D_zps

DDE37E33-DA6A-4851-8CBA-2A7F9471FFD1_zps

I need to find a better way to secure the two halves of the enclosure and still make it so it can be disassembled (needs to be in two pieces so I can get it in or remove it. I was thinking of using nuts and bolts but using epoxy to secure the nuts to the other section of the enclosure.

Painting bits

963B95AC-F6E9-419B-8F69-077EB8ED7F73_zps

Had a quick check of the Turbo while I had everything off and it seems perfect.

805628E7-9B8F-4A15-BF30-B84F2009CFCE_zps

I really need to go FFP (probably have the factory one cut and shut as the passengers side of the engine bay is just such a mess of piping etc. It's so overcomplicated at the moment IMO

This is the process of creating the shield

More stuff coming in the next few weeks so stay tuned

Edited by kingtube69