SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

Awesome thread...just read all 4 pages and will keep an eye on this!!

Keep up the great work buddy! [emoji106]

Cheers Lifted! It's good to hear!

I haven't done much else to the car since getting back on the road but I'm already scheming on what else to do.

Couple of things in the works but I need to keep saving towards it all. Post christmas we should have some nice updates here.

I had a sub and amp in the garage from a few months ago so I got some 4AWG wire out and crimped some lugs onto it and wired it up. It's good to have a little bass again in the car. While there, I pulled out the fuel pump harness out and checked nothing was burned out and it all looks sweet so I'm happy about that.

Stay tuned

Bought this to see if it will help with boost control

2015-12-26_17-35-08_zpswszz7fg8.png

Not so keen on my turbo at the moment, It seems to struggle with boost control hence the decision to go with the above actuator. The tuner said it opens around 9psi which is a bit absurd for something that is supposed to hold up to 20PSI. I'm also finding it struggles to even make 12psi in any gear but 4th and 5th which makes the turbo pretty useless for my application. I'm guessing this is actuator related or turbo related - I'm no SME so I could be wrong.

Stay tuned, actuator is due sometime this week.

external for the win!! but that doesn't sound right, stao would have your answer surely, makes some good turbo's, my bro's SS2 impressed me on 12psi, was similar to my old setup with 3076,

That dyno graph looks like my GTX3076 was like, hit 4500rpm and all hell broke lose.. bit late for me but a shitload of fun depending on what you like and your goals.. still a great drive regardless with heaps of potential though. nothing better than an angry RB :thumbsup:

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

external for the win!! but that doesn't sound right, stao would have your answer surely, makes some good turbo's, my bro's SS2 impressed me on 12psi, was similar to my old setup with 3076,

That dyno graph looks like my GTX3076 was like, hit 4500rpm and all hell broke lose.. bit late for me but a shitload of fun depending on what you like and your goals.. still a great drive regardless with heaps of potential though. nothing better than an angry RB :thumbsup:

Cheers Mark, he gave me some insight but we still went back to it being the cooler causing the problems. I've seen others perform better with the same cooler. Heaps laggy but I believe e85 will fix that ;)

Never ending battle with this car.

Started the morning early and just lost track of time.

I had a plan today to go though the suspension components, clean them up, check bushes, ball joints and so on.

Found that both hicas ball joints are stuffed so I'll order an elimination kit this week. I also found that my rear tires are incredibly bald from what looks like bad camber wear. When I went to a tire shop last they said keep an eye on the rear camber because the rear squats which tends to give more camber leading to more wear.

I'll order these on Tuesday

http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/4116518/kkr-rear-camber-arms-type-2.html

http://www.otomoto.com.au/p/8219182/kkr-hicas-elimination-kit-for-nissan-hicas-systems.html

I also found that my front two tie rod ends are buggered. I always wanted to get a decent set of arms for alignment I guess now is my chance lol. I mounted my ECU properly with a bracket and tidied it up. Doesnt look so tidy without the trim panels but you get the gist. Found out my cat is actually in good condition despite the treatment it's gotten from me as of late.

Pics as always

http://s812.photobucket.com/user/kingtube69/media/457F2C74-890C-4A06-8B25-83B112CAA433_zpsj5f5oit7.jpg.html?o=7

08606DA3-3D90-4C77-A4CF-D72D05590F9B_zps

F4AEF36E-4D70-4C68-9B41-0D224C740BDE_zps

6BBA27DF-7284-4D83-A77E-071524D70E9B_zps

E985A4CD-65B5-43C2-9A3B-93A7F13B4F77_zps

looks mint, sits nicely, where do you get the window trim/shields from?

Can you adjust the camber to get extra tyre contact or will the tyres rub the wheel arch?

Edited by AngryRB

External gate on housing and E85 or meth injection and would be a totally different beast, probably smash 350kw's, i was on 280kw 98 then 320 with lots of room to spare... even with restrictive jap middle muffler...

looks mint, sits nicely, where do you get the window trim/shields from?

Can you adjust the camber to get extra tyre contact or will the tyres rub the wheel arch?

Thanks ARB - Got them from JustJap. I wasn't keen on them first but they grew on me

$99 IIRC :D Get some!

RE camber, I think I'm at max adjustment for the rear unfortunately

Needs single cell cat:D. May even get you into the 300 clubB)

I would LOVE to do this but I've had enough trouble with NSW HWP in the past that I don't want to give them an excuse to pull me over - 6 foot flames might be a dead give away ;)

External gate on housing and E85 or meth injection and would be a totally different beast, probably smash 350kw's, i was on 280kw 98 then 320 with lots of room to spare... even with restrictive jap middle muffler...

Yep, I was talking to Adam from JEM re the external gate and he thinks its a good idea. That coupled with E85 should get me to a happy territory. Just need to sort out this boost restriction now. Stao is adamant that its the cooler so I'll run some tests for him and I in the coming days to prove/disprove the issue.

What did you have done to get 320?

interested to see how the turbo goes, not really selling me confidence to also purchase one

It does go really well - It's probably suited for someone chasing more power than I was with a less restrictive setup. Ideally if I were to do it again I would have got an SS2 with a gate off the housing.

The torque is nuts and the power is what I am looking for probably just a but too big for what I needed.

Nice looking car and build thread. I made 279 pump and 295rwkw on e85. SS2 turbo, stock manifolds. I was told external gate and custom exhaust manifold will give another 30kw

Nice looking car and build thread. I made 279 pump and 295rwkw on e85. SS2 turbo, stock manifolds. I was told external gate and custom exhaust manifold will give another 30kw

I believe just going decat alone nets roughly 10kw which would make things interesting also. Same goes for external gate, should see similar results to what you posted.

I'm quite happy with the power I made on 98 just a bit too lagy. Good power from your build - Have you got a link to your build thread I can have a look at?

be good to see if the boost issue is now fixed

I wouldn't say its an "issue" as such just a "feature" I'm not used to. I'm not sure how it should actually be - Is it normal to not reach full boost in every gear but the higher ones? With my old turbo (maybe because it was smaller) it would get full boost every gear without a question.

For anyone wondering, I did see better results with the boost controller plumbed to the charge pipe which makes sense because that's post intercooler. Still not making as much as I'd like though - e.g. made 17psi this morning on third gear loading onto the M4.

I really want to get a new cooler now just undecided on which one. But then again I need new tires and coilovers first I guess.

Thanks for reading guys!