SAU Community

Resale Value

Hi , I currenty own a 4 door 1993 series n/a skyline GTS-25. It has no rust or dents but needs a clear coat, inside is clean and trim is perfect. I am looking at selling but don't know what to ask or what they are worth. any help would be great. im in s/e melb.

When selling a car if you're not in a rush. start high if it doesn't sell in a couple of months lower it by a couple hundred dollars. People are going to want to low ball you offers under asking price anyway. Just have patients. You don't want to lose money when selling a car.

Same ole thing. It's only worth what someone pays for it but...

I just recently sold my '96 R33 4door GTS25T with a few basic mods, tuned to just under 200kw.

(sounds like it may have been in better condition than yours)

$7500 with some spares and 3 months rego.

Pick a price you will not go below and try to get more. :thumbsup:

It's only worth what someone pays for it but...

I love that saying. you didn't word it right though. take out the only

There's no rules when selling a car. try and get more money than what you bought it for and put into it so you make a profit. even if you can't sell it for profit, try and lose a less money as possible,

My guestimation would be between $3k and $8k, depending on transmission, overall condition and how quick you want to sell it

While a naturally aspirated sedan may be "rarer", it certainly isn't as in demand as a turbo coupe.

I've never understood why the natos go for more than the turbos.

Fairly sure it's because there are some p platers that are so desperate to have a "cool" car that they pay ludicrous prices for a piece of crap.

It's quite hard to put a price on something you can't see. But being a '93 model and the clear going I wouldn't be willing to pay anything more than 3-5k

• Like 3

P-plater tax. They all want an NA so they can have the image, then they can come on here and ask what everyone thinks of them putting "these" wheels and "this" kit on it because it's the best car ever and they will "just put a DET it" when they're off their Ps since it's "just a bolt-in mod". If we're honest with ourselves most of us thought exactly the same way when we were young, and hindsight remains 20/20.

Of course, in NZ we don't have the same restrictions, and a 16yo kid with fresh L plates can go out and mod an R35 to within a bee's dick of its life and remain legal, so any Skyline is subject to "RB tax" and is worth moonbeams whether it's roadworthy or not. RB Skyline = D1NZ champion, 47 years running. Allegedly.

Edited by Hertz Donut
  • Like 1

You think the P Plate tax on NA skylines is bad - try buying any type R Honda. P platers flock to any Hondas, but the Type R's are particularly popular, meaning 99% of them have been modded and flogged to within an inch of their lives. Shame because they are fun little shopping trolleys.

• Like 1

I don't believe production figures is the core of the matter.

Go on carsales and look at how many more gtst's there are compared to gts. + OP has a 4 door which you hardly ever see = rare = more money.

I've never seen production figures but i spent months waiting for a immaculate gts to turn up. It was for sale for 7 and i got 6,500 for it with warranty. when there are gtst's going for 4k or so. Yes I bought my car because it's fun to drive and i'm proud i don't own a terrible car like a holden barina like half my friends. It has more then enough power for a p plater that is still learning to drive.

It's school holidays again gents. :yes: Time for the annual posts.....

Considering the paint is fked. And it's a 4 door ill go with.....

4k.

If you get anything more than 5k you have ripped some poor kids asshole open.

• Like 1