SAU Community

4.363:1 front differential value

JarrettL

Are GTR guys ever looking for 4.363:1 front differentials? I have an ENR34 and I'm going to be selling the engine as soon as I rebuild it with a fresh DET NEO head, but I imagine a prospective buyer won't have a chassis application that can utilize the AWD setup. So I'm sure I'll be holding on to a 4.363 front diff. Is there a market for these, or are they generally viewed as being too short for typical GTR power levels?

On 8/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, GTSBoy said:

Yeah, some GTR drag guys want the gears. Only the gears. They have no use for the rest of it.

It's the same oil pan/diff that comes on a GTR, so unless they already have an aftermarket LSD, I can't see why they'd want to tear it apart and have to re-shim the bearings.

Noted on the value @30ed32. Seems like it's not worth much, but enough to not just toss in the bin. Thanks.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:00 AM, JarrettL said:

It's the same oil pan/diff that comes on a GTR, so unless they already have an aftermarket LSD, I can't see why they'd want to tear it apart and have to re-shim the bearings.

Because they will want it to be an LSD. Either plate or helical. An open diff is not welcome in that space.

On 25/08/2022 at 4:39 PM, Shyboy said:

I went 4.36 from 4.11 front and rear with nismo centres and it really waked the car up , diff gears wasn’t as cheap as mentioned ($800 7-8 years ago)

Yeah all gears are becoming expensive. I wouldn't let a set of crown wheel and pinion go for less than $1k now.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:42 PM, Duncan said:

Where are you Jarret? Location on profile would help me decide whether to lurk around your bin 

:ninja:

I'm in Texas in the US. I'll be getting rid of most of the drivetrain on this car aside from front axles and the rear tail shaft.