SAU Community

Wtb Budget Smart Phone

PranK

Hi All,

My wifes iPhone 4 is showing signs of terminal illness. Its been dropped, trodden on, spilt on, drooled on..... You get the idea. The fact it is still alive is amazing.

So, we're looking for a cheapie to replace it with. Don't want to go on a contract, amaysim is just too good.

So, the one I've been thinking about is the LG L7 II but I'll consider anything, android OR apple, doesn't matter. She browses, takes photos and calls/texts. Pretty simple stuff.

Got anything I might like?

Thanks,
Christian

I thought about the Y550 originally but read some average reviews about it. It'd be good to get a semi-decent camera which it doesnt seem to have.

Prefer not Windows. Our lives are Mac-surrounded and it was hard enough to get her to OK an Android (I have a Galaxy.)

Have you tried the oneplus one phone ?

Price is $350 USD send to a freight forwarder have it landed for $400-420 AUD

they dont ship direct to aus.

By the time you take exchange into account, plus shipping from the states, it ends up being approx 470+

Also, a lot of very unhappy people on the forums over their customer service (or lack of) with warranty concerns.

Don't get me wrong, great phone for the price, but local support would be better.

I've got the xperia z2, and loving it.

Being water resistant comes in handy too.

Hope this helps.