SAU Community

R32 Gt-r Rear Swaybar D Bush Size

Too wide across the 30mm measurement. As in the lips on the bush, sit a bit too far past the edge of the bracket.

Also too wide across the 33mm measurement, such that it's quite difficult to get into the bracket. I could remove material in that direction but would still have the issue with the lips sitting too far out across the 30mm measurement.

Ability to move around inside the bracket back and forth as the lips are not being used to assist in retaining the bush. I assume though that most of the force used to keep the bush in the cup comes from being pressed against the car itself by the bracket.

I'm going to grab the bushes and quickly re-test them on the way home. From memory it was a good 1mm per side that they were too wide.

Surely there should just be a damn bush that fits when everyone talks about this being a "bolt on" mod. Nobody else seems to have ever mentioned changing brackets or modifying bushes.

I'm also considering that if I thin the bush too much it could wear through/tear at those thin points rather than just using the right bush/bracket.

Edited by ActionDan

That's what the grease is for.

Plus.....these bushes don't cop of a lot of load in real terms. Up-down certainly, but lots less load fore-aft. It's in the nature of how the loads get applied to the bar at each end. Up and down.

Putting one of these into my S13, but unsure what D Bush to buy. SuperPro has them up to 24mm, but the bar seems to be 25mm (admittedly measured with adjusting shifter with measuring marks, tape backs this up but both could be 1mm out). I've also read some people state t's 26mm. Nolathane lists odd sizes.

Can any shed one some light on this?

Also do I need to use grease on the bushes when installing them? Seems to be a lot o conjecture around this also.

A standard rear R32 GTR anti roll bar has an outside diameter of 25.4mm or 1" in old school imperial. Says so in the service manual.

Cross your fingers that they line up with the bolt holes on the car! The reason I slimmed down the front bushes on my car is that there wasn't room to fit a D with a bigger size between the stud and bolt hole. Any bigger D bracket I tried (not that I did) almost certainly would not have lined up with the fasteners.

Just did quick test fit. Brackets will fit car.

Just hit them with some primer and will satin black them later because I don't like the natural colour.

If I get a chance I'll fit the rear bar later but have been playing daddy day care while the missus is sick and out of comission.