SAU Community

About To Do Something Stupid Gtr R32 With Vr38dett

if this is what you want to do mate i so go for it, don't let the haters put you off. there's plenty around.

im at the beginning of a similar but a little easier conversion, VR38 swap into my R34 gtt that just shat a built RB25/30 neo.

ill be running it in RWD only with a holinger 6 speed sequential RD6 from my previous setup.

ive done a fair bit of measuring and it should fit alright as a rwd application, as for AWD i think the motor needs to mount a fair bit higher to get the drive shafts to work (hence old mate from ukraine's one its up so high)

ive also been looking at the haltech ecu (plug and play) but a friend and pit guy for the just jap r35 is steering me towards the Motec plug and play.

im planning on running the drive by wire, will be adapting the r35 pedal and sensor to my car.

post-37183-0-00594900-1428384260_thumb.jpeg

post-37183-0-77774700-1428384406_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I Vote Sleek to take over this thread!!!

I bit my tongue for so long hoping, just hoping that there would be progress or photo's or something to prove he wasn't a 15 year old spastic.

Alas, I must say this thread is shit. Sleek needs to start his own build thread and move this to Wasteland so Birds and crew can at least make me laugh at shit.

• 1 month later...

Haltech cant run twin drive by wire throttles, only 1, may work if you buy 2 haltechs, one fro each bank/throttle. I know Emtron can run twin drive by wire and are an awesome ECU. Better off keeping the DBW throttles, better than going cable. I dont see you ever actually getting it done but good luck and I hope you do.

• 1 year later...

been down this road myself.

diff gears are ok. s14/15 r200 3.69:1 vq35hr awd (g35x) (same case as vr38) front diff gears 3.69:1 with a r34 getrag would be ok. some one i know went to the expense of getting albins custom 4.11 front diff gears made. why i dont know...

i wanted to go awd, but the extra weight and cost was to much.+ i wanted it to look standard on the outside with out a big bonnet hump.+ the steering rack will ruin your life.

as for a ecu,  a syvecs s6plus plug and play ecu is the way to go. or s8gtr plug and play. will do everything you ever need. + dont have to be bent over for a m package,

even with custom everything there isnt much room between the rails..

DSC_0317.JPG