SAU Community

About To Do Something Stupid Gtr R32 With Vr38dett

Just wondering what examples if crank girdle blowing out you have? Considering "Vlgod" split a block lengthwise under the head studs and the crank apparently stayed in after running absolutely heaps of 7 second passes with the block . block split with 70psi boost.....

This thread so much negativity. saying why do it why this why that. whats the point. reminds me of a inspirational speach i heard once.

"Dont Listen To The Naysayers"
"How many times have you heard that you cant do this, and you cant do that, and its never been done before."
"I love it when someone says it has never been done before"
"That means when i do it, it means that im the first person to have done it"
"So pay no attention to the people that say it cant be done"

So i say Keep it up. :D

• Like 1

what Mathew said!

whatever happened to doing something different?

bloody hell, there's a dude building a torana hatchback on here with full r32 gtr running gear...

Let's see something original, some innovation and some skilled fabrication!

geez if he has the time and budget to do it i say go for it, i can't wait to follow the build and see the results.

or let's just be like a whole bunch of other modified skylines on here and not have anything unique...

• Like 1

When you say you want to build something, you really mean throw money at something, right? Cause if you havent even run a tape yet, I would be surprised if you know which end of a hammer to hold.

School holidays already?

• Like 1

Just quietly the R35's 4WD system is what makes it such a monster, and all the computers. If you can drop those in the 32 and you will have a monster of a car.

The engine by itself? Apart from people going "oh cool look at that" what does it bring to the plate?

Otherwise you can make just shy of 500hp with -7's on corn syrup. And that's on a standard Rb26....... Let alone bigger twins/Big single/stroke etc...

As much as i would love to see this be done, for the price? you could get a much better car.

joker-burn-cash-o.gif

• Like 1

When you say you want to build something, you really mean throw money at something, right? Cause if you havent even run a tape yet, I would be surprised if you know which end of a hammer to hold.

School holidays already?

wow, judgmental much

but your right, those hammers are tricky

ill go watch a youtube video and see if i can get it down pat

Just quietly the R35's 4WD system is what makes it such a monster, and all the computers. If you can drop those in the 32 and you will have a monster of a car.

The engine by itself? Apart from people going "oh cool look at that" what does it bring to the plate?

Otherwise you can make just shy of 500hp with -7's on corn syrup. And that's on a standard Rb26....... Let alone bigger twins/Big single/stroke etc...

As much as i would love to see this be done, for the price? you could get a much better car.

joker-burn-cash-o.gif

well your right about the RB being a good choice,

but having said that, i think its been done so much we know exactly what will happen

i can even go online and find a dyno chart for the same turbo and cam setup ill prob end up choosing

if we dont push the boundaries we wont progress,

just a little background on myself, i design and build products for a living,

in my life, i always want to do something different,

some times i win and its all fun, sometimes it explodes and we have to learn from the mistake

Do it mate, seriously you will have a lighter motor that sits further back in the engine bay and have 3.8L out of the box, a few bolt ons and it will make big power with a responsiveness that any RB could only dream of, so except the cost its win win win

wow, judgmental much

but your right, those hammers are tricky

ill go watch a youtube video and see if i can get it down pat

You probably should learn, you might need one, you know, because you don't know if it will fit between the struts or not yet...

Seriously, you make a thread on a forum about your big fancy plan, when in reality, you don't even have a plan.

Not saying it wouldn't fit... But if I was planning on spending a metric shittonne of coin on a massive swap job, that would be the first thing to do. Just to know exactly what I am dealing with...

GL anyway... I'm sure this thread will be 20 pages long before there is a pic of progress...

Edited by MagicMikeZ32

its amazing the response,

its as if people want this project to fail,

for you info Magic Mike

i already measured the engine bay of a stripped R32 Gtr

measured all the relevant distances from the surface of the bell housing area and the center of the flywheel and the front diff of the rb26

i bought a r35 bell housing so i can get the bolt pattern

got quotes for all the work involved

found all the guys to make the parts,

found the engine, its in another state, and before i waste that guys time with a list of measurements i need,

i thought i would ask the experienced guys on this forum,

i wanted to know if it has been done, or if anybody knew of actual hurdles,

all im getting is people telling me im stupid

which i said was the case in my first post

so what your saying is, i should know everything i need to know before i come online and bother you,

i thought this was an exchange of ideas and experience

• Like 1

wow thats a lot of info

well ok,

it HAS to be AWD or its not worth it,

the diff ratios are the easy part, and CV joints are much more forgiving than people think,

the diff and hubs can be misaligned a bit and work fine, the whole point of the CV is the flexible transfer of the power, they have a range they can work with

the biggest question is will it fit, so jay-rod is right, we have to get the tape measure out

and i think people forget the "waste of time/money" expression was used before, on people who wanted to get 1000hp out of a 2.6L

and now guys are doing that all day every day.

in my mind a car with the same engine as a R35 but 200-300 kgs lighter is a MASSIVE incentive

just a small increase in boost on the stock engine some tuning and we might crack 10 seconds

and the engine would be relaxed and comfy so it will last longer,

then if it worked, a big IF, people would know that its possible and try other interesting builds

Sure sure mate. Good luck with that.

Over and out

Go Hard Or Go Home.

on another note have you even thought about where all the intercooler pipe work is going to go? like will it even fit behind the bumper or are you going to have to customize the radiator area /front structure of the car to make it work? wouldnt mind knowing your plans for all this. and TBH i think the Twin Throttle bodies are the least of your worries. as said above your going haltech and there capable for fly by wire systems...

i thought the haltech would be ok too,

but i rang haltech and they said i would need to convert over to a cable system

there is a way to go around this and keep the electronic throttles

but the 4wd system in the r32 will work better with a traditional TPS

this is what the guy from the ecu wiring company said

as for the inter coolers, i will make it fit,

the block is shorter and the radiator fan is gone the one i will use to replace it will be slimmer

there should be enough room for a custom setup

im pretty good with cad and i have a team of fabricators that are good at welding pipe working for me